Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

AnnieG

Bad decision and lesson

Rate this Entry
Today our after church group went somewhere new for breakfast. I thought "hmm, if I'm careful, I can boldy go...." so I ordered 1 scrambled egg, no butter; 1 piece of crispy bacon (meticulously patted free of any grease) and a blue berry crepe. Or I thought it was.

It was blueberry with cream cheese, and for no reason known to human kind, lemon. About 20 minutes into careful slow eating, I started to "gurgle" and gave my husband the cue to leave....

Half way home, toad froth! Violence! Destruction! Thankfully a washable cotton dress with a long skirt saved the car

I'm not certain what I might have done differently, but really, nothing. Maybe half of a piece of bacon was too much. But I suspect the mix of lemon and cream cheese.

So, live and learn. Take it slow. It's not personal. It's just breakfast. Sigh.

Submit "Bad decision and lesson" to Digg Submit "Bad decision and lesson" to del.icio.us Submit "Bad decision and lesson" to StumbleUpon Submit "Bad decision and lesson" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I hear ya Annie!!! I once chomped a bite of feta and spinach bread on my way out of the door from work and then toad frothed all over my tee shirt on the way down the motorway home!!!!!! Gross!!! :-)
    Oh Annie...
    There is actually not much to learn from that, is there?
    It just happened out of the blue?
    There was no indication during your breakfast?
    Every bite was fine and tasteful?

Scary...

Were you able to clean your skirt?
    Blueberry stains, not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    I hear ya Annie!!! I once chomped a bite of feta and spinach bread on my way out of the door from work and then toad frothed all over my tee shirt on the way down the motorway home!!!!!! Gross!!! :-)
    Yeah, totally! Just totally gross gross gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    Yeah, totally! Just totally gross gross gross.
    All seemed well. I was eating s-l-o-w-l-y. Fortunately I didn't eat more than a tsp of the crepe -- but the egg and 1/2 piece of bacon rebelled at its addition, I reckon.

And yes, Everything went into the wash....I layed down with a soft blanket and the two dogs for about 30 minutes.
    Soft blankets and doggies make EVERYTHING better :-) xx
    ugh!!! 3.5years later and I still get the occasional toad froth!! my family knows what's up when I leave the table quietly and semi run to the bathroom......although sometimes it's super annoying to have my husband outside the door asking if I'm ok.
    clearly I'm in here because I am trying my hardest not to vomit.....talking is not happening at this point lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Soft blankets and doggies make EVERYTHING better :-) xx
    Oh yeah, absolutely!

I have to say that I only had toad froth in the beginning.
    After that no more fortunately.
    This entire process is a learning process each and everyday we go through it. You have done a great job on your journey. So you hit a little bump in the road, next time you will go around it!!
    Annie a not very pleasant experience but a humorous recounting of the story "Half way home, toad froth! Violence! Destruction!"
    As you say live and learn :-)
    Believe it or not...I can still have that reaction if I eat too fast or too much!!! It is a lot less frequent now but can still happen. On a bright note, it keeps you on your toes!
    Ugh....toad froth is no Bueno! I had it Mon & Tues after dinner....still learning to slow down when I eat. I tend to be distracted when eating dinner, learning to focus on slow and lots of chewing. Live and learn indeed!

Pups are the best comfort, in my opinion!
    Just be glad it's still only froth. I straight up vomit like a real person again, and not infrequently. I never learn my lesson. Sitting here now shoving animal crackers into a dip made of cool whip, cake batter, cream cheese, and milk, and I know I've already overdone it. At least I'm at home if things get too far out of hand because I know the car mishaps all too well, and those are always disastrous.
    What a merry bunch of weigh warriors we are! Yes, you have to laugh when your behavior has consequences, and yet you do it again!

Aydensmomma, my husband wants to engage in dialogue through the door; clearly with the noises I make, that should be sort of clue I'm not talking, lol!
    Ugg, sounds like my experience with cheesecake. It's the only food I can't tolerate since surgery. I think it's the creme cheese. Sad at first but then grateful. Did I really need to be able to eat cheesecake?