Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

I've Had A Rough Go of Things Lately

Rate this Entry
I want to apologize for my absence as of late. It has been complete chaos around the home, and as such I have been made to deal with some things that were not only unexpected, but somewhat devastating. Allow me to briefly explain...

I received a phone call from someone in my family whose sole purpose was to to inform me of the passing of my Mother. I won't get in to all of the sordid details surrounding said phone call, but I will say that I was a little caught off guard by this news. It had been some time since she and I last spoke, and during that time she appeared to be in good spirits despite her failing health. None the less...I wasn't expecting this to happen.

Couple the aforementioned situation with school and, well...you can imagine that I've had a rough go of things lately.

On a positive note: I am still pushing forward in my weight loss journey. Some days are more of a struggle than others, but as I think about it, I believe it would be fair to say that is is all situational. I could be wrog in my assessment, but...

Have a great rest of your week everyone!

Submit "I've Had A Rough Go of Things Lately" to Digg Submit "I've Had A Rough Go of Things Lately" to del.icio.us Submit "I've Had A Rough Go of Things Lately" to StumbleUpon Submit "I've Had A Rough Go of Things Lately" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Shannon, I am so very, very sorry by your sudden loss of your mother. Regardless of how prepared we are, or unprepared, it is devastating to not have had your time to say what you wanted.

I will hold you close in prayers. My mother and I had a very toxic relationship all my life, but I was fortunate to have a long visit with her (which almost killed me..) and we parted on as good a terms as we would ever have had. (Short story, bipolar self-medicating menopausal mom on the crazy train all her life).

I think situational is a good description of daily life, with our without the tool of VGS. You are doing well, and maintaining the things you can control does help us with the things that are way beyond us.

You are not alone, my friend. Peace
    So sorry about your mom! What a shock, especially to get news in a phone call. Prayers!
    Shannon, that's rough news to get in any form. I am very sorry for your loss.

Please be as gentle and kind to yourself as you can at this stressful time.
    Shannon, I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news.
    Please take care of yourself and know that my thoughts are with you.
    Arohanui
    Lisa
    Kia Kaha, kia maia, kia manawanui.
    I am so sorry to heat about your mother. I lost mine almost 3 years ago. I hope you can find comfort in your time of grief. All my best to you and your family. Hugs and prayers.
    So sorry you lot your mother Shannon. It is a shock if expected or unexpected. Please take good care of yourself at this time. One foot in front of the other.
    I missed this post somehow...
    I am so sorry for your loss...
    It must have been devastating to hear about it on the phone like this.
    Did she live far away?
    Do you have to travel long distance to go to her funeral?

I wish you and your family much strength in the times to come.
    So very sorry, you are in my prayers.
    I can only imagine what your going through. I am sorry for your loss, no one likes those surprises
    I am so sorry for your loss.. time heals is what "they" say. A year and a half and im waiting for the healing! I will pray for you!