Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

Here's Your Sign

Rate this Entry
So...my wife and I were out shopping earlier today when I thought I might take it upon myself to look for a scale. My thought regarding this matter was "what if I want to take a peek now and again?" My wife was against it from the moment I had the idea, and you want to know something? She was right.

We looked all over the store for a scale - any kind of scale for that matter - and could not find a single one. I found this interesting in light of my most recent revelation. And rather than become frustrated because I couldn't find what I was looking for in a chain store of that magnitude, I simply shrugged it off and went about shopping with my wife.

I took this as a sign. There was a reason my digital scale took a skid on me the other day, and there was a reason I couldn't find one this afternoon; I simply need to stop focusing on my weight for now and get back to the basics of VSG protocol.

Needless to say, I am happy I didn't find one. I am a firm believer in that everything happens for a reason, and this is no exception.

I think for now I am just going to live in the moment, be happy, and not be bound by a number. I need this for myself, for my journey, for my sanity.

Submit "Here's Your Sign" to Digg Submit "Here's Your Sign" to del.icio.us Submit "Here's Your Sign" to StumbleUpon Submit "Here's Your Sign" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

"I think for now I am just going to live in the moment, be happy, and not be bound by a number".
    Perfect Shannon!
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    "I think for now I am just going to live in the moment, be happy, and not be bound by a number".
    Perfect Shannon!
    I couldn't agree with you more, Lisa. Funny how things have a way of working themselves out.
    yussssss :-)
    HI Shannon, thanks for your blog posts, however as much as I try I cannot do without the scale. I am obsessive and weight myself in the morning and the evening. I am obsessed with the number on the scale, which I know is not good, but I can't help myself.
    Smart man.

I did have to buy a new scale, and it didn't weigh the same as my old one. So I don't think score scales are too accurate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    yussssss :-)
    Hi Edie!

I guess it is what it is, right? Don't fight it. Just go with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by elllie
    HI Shannon, thanks for your blog posts, however as much as I try I cannot do without the scale. I am obsessive and weight myself in the morning and the evening. I am obsessed with the number on the scale, which I know is not good, but I can't help myself.
    Hi Elllie!

I completely understand. My scale debacle is not in any way a recommendation to stop weighing in, rather something I needed to do for my own sanity if only temporarily. I too struggled with the numbers (as I'm sure you have read) and as such, I just had to stop for a while - even it it was forced.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Smart man.

I did have to buy a new scale, and it didn't weigh the same as my old one. So I don't think score scales are too accurate!
    Hi sraebaer!

Smart man, or smart wife? I tend to think it is the latter and that she is on to something by not wanting me to purchase a new one right now. Either way...it is what it is right now. I'm going to just go with it.
    And you know you can always get one later which you may want to do but just spending a month or so without one will be so good for you :-)
    You don't need no stinkin' scale!! You know there are many ways to know what is going on with our bodies without the scale. I always know what my body is doing just by how my clothes fit and how I look when I look at myself in the mirror.