Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Katrina

I'm going to take a break today.

Rate this Entry
I posted yesterday about the chaos in my life. The second I hit post and slipped into the tub with a bath bomb my mother called asking me to come pick up my dad so she could go to the doctor. What makes that exciting (except not at all) is that my dad also cannot walk. He had his knee removed in early May. I had 3, yes THREE grown people in my care with mobility issues. It became a sideshow where all I could do was shake my head and wonder if this was real life.

Dad and husband. Count the walking aids in this picture. We have crutches, walker, wheelchair, and knee scooter.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180621_59918.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	27702
My dad is adorable

Name:	IMG_20180621_0979.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	27707
The knee scooter is actually fun

Name:	IMG_20180621_16781.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	27704
Until your mom gets on it and tries to become the 4th non walker in the house. Holy hell, woman!

Name:	IMG_20180621_24198.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	27705

Name:	IMG_20180621_28728.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	27706
My daughter slept though it all.

Name:	IMG_20180621_42959.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	27703

So today I'm throwing in the towel, getting them situated, then taking my butt out to the pool. Don't fall while mama's gone!

*Everyone in these pictures with the exception of my husband has had VSG. My mom is the only one that came out unscathed. She rocked it like a champ despite eating onion rings and chili cheese fries 8 days after surgery. My dad, daughter, and I all had complications.

Submit "I'm going to take a break today." to Digg Submit "I'm going to take a break today." to del.icio.us Submit "I'm going to take a break today." to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm going to take a break today." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You're such a trooper and a great team player! Thanks for sharing the pictures. You will look back at this pictures and smile. I know I did especially with the captions. Your daugther sleeping though it all, sounds like my son! WTH? You're mother ate what 8 days after surgery?
    Wow. What a lot to contend with. Please make sure that you try and look after yourself too.
    Enjoy your pool day. You deserve it!!
    *shaking my head* over your situation.
    I HOPE that there are people who can give YOU support.