Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

9 Months Post-op (and other off topic subjects)

Rate this Entry
Well, it would seem I have missed my 9 month post-op anniversary, but it was for good reason.

I was on vacation in Minnesota over the course of the past couple of days. My wife and I (along with my mother-in-law) spent the past two days in Minneapolis wherein we took in a Boston Red Sox/Minnesota Twins baseball game!

To say this was a good time was the understatement of the season. Although my beloved Red Sox ultimately lost with a final score of 6-2, I had the time of my life because I was there, in the moment, with two of my three favorite women, watching my all-time favorite team play a game that I love so dearly.

Couple that with the fact that there was a much need change of scenery and I must say, it made for a perfect setting. While at the game, we met some very nice Red Sox fans, found that the staff at Target Field were extremely helpful and nice as well, and that the people of Minneapolis as a whole were some of the most wonderful people I have encountered in quite some time. (My hat comes off to you Minnesota.)

In more off topic news...

I have started at Grand Canyon University and appear to be moving in the right direction. I feel good about my decision to have chosen this school over Argosy, Southern New Hampshire University and University of Arizona - but it sure feel nice to have been accepted by all four and to have decisions. The Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science program they offer is right in line with what I was learning at Glendale Community College prior to moving to the mid-west, so when taking that into consideration, I know this was the right fit for me.

As previously stated, I recently reached my 9 month post-op anniversary. I went off with very little fan fare and was quiet in nature, but I feel good knowing I have reached a point in my journey wherein I FINALLY feel comfortable in my own skin. I don't concern myself with the scale, and after having seen pictures of myself over the past two days know that I am doing what is right for me.

And that is all that really matters, isn't it? Doing what feels right to me?

Submit "9 Months Post-op (and other off topic subjects)" to Digg Submit "9 Months Post-op (and other off topic subjects)" to del.icio.us Submit "9 Months Post-op (and other off topic subjects)" to StumbleUpon Submit "9 Months Post-op (and other off topic subjects)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Perfect :-)
    Sounds good!
    What a difference a few months makes! You've worked the tool with grace, beauty and honesty! Well done. Sorry about the Sox. We are fans as well.
    Yay! Happy, happy, happy. You got it. Do what feels right for you!
    They call it Minnesota nice for a reason Shannon!! Glad you enjoyed yourself and were able to take in a game, that's awesome!! Congrats on the school decision, good luck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Perfect :-)
    It really is, isn't it? I mean, I truly don't think it can get much better right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    Sounds good!
    Yes ma'am. Almost too good. But I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I am simply taking it for what it is and moving forward with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    What a difference a few months makes! You've worked the tool with grace, beauty and honesty! Well done. Sorry about the Sox. We are fans as well.
    Thank you, I couldn't agree more. It seems to have made all the difference in the world.

As for my beloved Sox...meh, you win some, you lose some. It's all part of the game. I am just happy to have been able to FINALLY see them play live as opposed to on the television.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    Yay! Happy, happy, happy. You got it. Do what feels right for you!
    Most definitely. (((Happy happy. Joy joy.))) I FINALLY think I am getting a grasp on the VSG WLS things as a whole - which really does make all of the difference in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by The North Sleeve
    They call it Minnesota nice for a reason Shannon!! Glad you enjoyed yourself and were able to take in a game, that's awesome!! Congrats on the school decision, good luck!!
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I truly did enjoy myself in everything we did - from staying at a downtown hotel (the AC) to walking around downtown to ending the night at Luce Pizza...it was absolutely perfect.

Thank you as well regarding school. I have always felt that returning was the best decision I could have made, but to have been accepted to my school of choice...absolute perfection.