Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

Dead to Me (R.I.P. Electronic Scale)

Rate this Entry
As the title of this blog post implicates, the digital scale my wife and I were using has finally stopped working. What I thought was a simple battery fix is in all actuality the result of water inadvertently dripping into the numbers reader. From that moment on, it will only read "error."

"Error." I have to laugh at that because no truer statement could come from that monstrosity of electronic garb. It had become the bane of my existence, and as such, I found myself embroiled in a heated debate with its findings every time I stepped on to it.

To FINALLY be rid of it (at least for now...) all the better. I want to focus on me and not the number I weigh. I want to relish my overall size and not the number I weigh. I want to make decisions based on what I feel are best for me and not the number I weigh. I want to live without wondering what I weigh on any given day.

Submit "Dead to Me (R.I.P. Electronic Scale)" to Digg Submit "Dead to Me (R.I.P. Electronic Scale)" to del.icio.us Submit "Dead to Me (R.I.P. Electronic Scale)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dead to Me (R.I.P. Electronic Scale)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great timing!
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    Great timing!
    I know, right? I couldn't have asked for anything better. LOL!
    So good :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    So good :-)
    You're right Edie! It couldn't have happened at a better time. I really do need to ween myself off of my reliance upon the dreaded scale, and I can't think of a better time than now!
    Amen Brother! It's all about "feel" for me anymore. I feel so awesome, I really don't care what the scale says. My mindset has changed since last week and I am trying not to put emphasis on the numbers, but the way I feel.

Keep up the good work sir. See ya on the healthy side!!
    On the issue of weighing, I read something elsewhere today that I loved: "Your weight is information, not judgment."

I do weigh every morning, which works for me. Obviously, everyone should do what works best for them.

I'll add this research finding from The National Weight Registry: Of those people who've lost weight and maintain their weight loss, "75% weigh themselves at least once a week." See http://nwcr.ws/research/default.htm
    Isn't it odd how something's seem to happen for a reason?
    Don't replace them for a while and just enjoy you being you!
    A sign?? I am a daily weigher. It also helps me to keep on track. My husband, on the other hand, is obsessed with weighing himself several times a day. I always get on him about that because I think when it is way too frequent than it is a slippery slope.
    Ha, things working out in your favor!
    You truly made me lol on this one.....
    Hey there hookydad!

Glad to hear you have your head on straight and that things are looking up for you.

Keep up the awesome work! You're doing great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    On the issue of weighing, I read something elsewhere today that I loved: "Your weight is information, not judgment."

I do weigh every morning, which works for me. Obviously, everyone should do what works best for them.

I'll add this research finding from The National Weight Registry: Of those people who've lost weight and maintain their weight loss, "75% weigh themselves at least once a week." See http://nwcr.ws/research/default.htm

Hi there Ann2!

An interesting bit of information. Thank you for sharing that with me.

I can't say I wouldn't weigh myself, but given that I don't have another scale, I simply can't - which might (or might not) be for the better.

Have a great weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    Isn't it odd how something's seem to happen for a reason?
    Don't replace them for a while and just enjoy you being you!

Hi there Lisa!

I am a firm believer in "Everything happens for a reason." And this scale debacle is just one more reason to believe in that mantra (at least for now.)

Have a great weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    A sign?? I am a daily weigher. It also helps me to keep on track. My husband, on the other hand, is obsessed with weighing himself several times a day. I always get on him about that because I think when it is way too frequent than it is a slippery slope.

Hey there Christie!

If not a "sign," then it is something else all together. LOL! Whatever the case may be, right now I am enjoy not having the added pressure of my stressing over fluctuating weight. But I am going to the store later today, and I can't say that I won't purchase another one - this time an analog scale. Not a digital.
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyWade
    Ha, things working out in your favor!

Hey there SassyWade!

They certainly seem to be. I am so giddy with excitement right now...words can not describe my enthusiasm.

Have a great weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    You truly made me lol on this one.....
    Hi AnnieG!

That's great that I was able to make you LOL! I love when I can post something that puts a smile on a fellow VSG'ers face!

Have a great weekend!