Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

29 months, meeting my new/old plastic surgeon

Rate this Entry
I had reconstructive surgery in my 20's.
I thought my surgeon had retired but he actually went back to work this year after a yatus so I made an appointment to meet him and saw him on Wednesday.
The very famous professor I saw in Paris in September was nice...but I think I like my old doc better..

It was a really interesting consult, and we decided on a date, and will take it from there...as my doc said : "you need the surgery, don't over think it, we will deal with issues when they come"...he knows it will be challenging...

So my first surgery is planned for July 19 but we will know for sure around 10 days before (depending on my blood test results) if it can happen.

We are starting with arm lift and major tumor removal (for those who don't know about my complicated health, to make it short my obesity is "genetic" and one of the aspect is a collection of fatty tumors all over my body. Most are hidden one is visible on my shoulder if I'm wearing a bathing suit. No biggie except it can be painful, and I can't keep those too long it can turn into cancer after more than 10/15 years, One I had removed a while ago had "bad cells" called pr-cancerous).

Anyway!! my doc was not really happy about the major water retention I'm currently having, I also told him about the gain (with the medication) so ....the plan is to go on some diet change to help prepare the surgery, going "moderate low carb" will help with water retention.

I sent all the paper work and should know the first week of July if the surgery is approved by the national insurance. My premium will let me know how much is from my pocket. My surgeon gave me a "discount" and even if the surgery is approved, because I'm going private I have to pay a little extra.
But since my surgeon is going to get me a lipo on my lower leg (with the tumor removal) I don't mind paying the extra!

I'm hoping I can lower my body weight and that bad water retention, but we have so many functions at work it's going to be really complicated to get a good result in such a short time!!
I'm such a slow looser (and fast gainer indeed!). We will see what happen!!

Submit "29 months, meeting my new/old plastic surgeon" to Digg Submit "29 months, meeting my new/old plastic surgeon" to del.icio.us Submit "29 months, meeting my new/old plastic surgeon" to StumbleUpon Submit "29 months, meeting my new/old plastic surgeon" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sandra, I send you my best wishes for the very best results your old/new doctor (he sounds lovely) and you can achieve.

I'm glad you have a surgeon in whom you have great confidence. That's important, I think.

Nice to see / hear you back here again.
    Wow Sandra!! Glad you found your surgeon again. Trust and confidence in your surgeon is so important. Mostly to keep your mind at ease. Wishing you a wonderful, uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery!! Happy dance for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Sandra, I send you my best wishes for the very best results your old/new doctor (he sounds lovely) and you can achieve.

I'm glad you have a surgeon in whom you have great confidence. That's important, I think.

Nice to see / hear you back here again.
    Thank you Ann!!
    I must say I'm relieved to have found him!

My work load is getting lighter during Summer, I'm able to come back more often!

I will keep you posted when I have more news. I'm kind of scared of the surgery but it has to be done, and during Summer it will be easier to heal without flu viruses around..
    Take care!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Wow Sandra!! Glad you found your surgeon again. Trust and confidence in your surgeon is so important. Mostly to keep your mind at ease. Wishing you a wonderful, uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery!! Happy dance for you!
    Thank you Christie!
    My husband is really stressed out about an other surgery but it has to be done.

I'm hoping I will be ok dealing with low carbs again, so far just a few days and my water retention is going down, I can see it just with my rings.
    I'm wondering if I should start tracking again...I don't like the idea but...it might help. We'll see how it goes!
    Take care!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Thank you Christie!
    My husband is really stressed out about an other surgery but it has to be done.

I'm hoping I will be ok dealing with low carbs again, so far just a few days and my water retention is going down, I can see it just with my rings.
    I'm wondering if I should start tracking again...I don't like the idea but...it might help. We'll see how it goes!
    Take care!
    I am sure he is stressed because he loves you and it is natural to worry. But this is all for the best. I am not a big tracker but do it occasionally so I can see how I am eating calorie/macro wise. I know it helps a lot of people, though, so it isn't a bad idea. Let us know how the surgery goes.