Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

A Celebration of Sorts: Part 2

Rate this Entry
I understand this is off VSG WLS topic, however in light of a recent post wherein I touched base regarding my education...I wanted to share the latest information regarding my educational status.

I found out yesterday evening that I have been accepted into the Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science: Trauma track at Grand Canyon University. This is keeping in line with what I was previously enrolled for prior to moving from Phoenix this past year. In addition, it means I won't have to forgo most of my BHS credits like I would be required to in order to transfer into a Psychology program. In keeping with BHS, I will be able to transfer 60+ credits into the program, which for me means that I will be able to graduate with my Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science in less than two years.

I couldn't be more excited than I currently am, and as such wanted to share the great news with my VSG WLS Community family. You all have been with me through thick and thin while on this journey, and I thought it was fitting to celebrate another milestone in my week with all of you - as well as have another reason to lift my chin up, hold my head high, and simply smile into the sun and say "I got this!"

Submit "A Celebration of Sorts: Part 2" to Digg Submit "A Celebration of Sorts: Part 2" to del.icio.us Submit "A Celebration of Sorts: Part 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Celebration of Sorts: Part 2" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yayyyyy brilliant news!!! And credit transfer whoop! Your week is getting better and better Shannon. Congrats :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Yayyyyy brilliant news!!! And credit transfer whoop! Your week is getting better and better Shannon. Congrats :-)
    (

(((EDIE!)))

Absolutely "brilliant news!" It's a tough school to get into, and as such, I have put a great deal of time and effort into ensuring that I have crossed all of my T's and dotted all of my I's all with the hope that I would be accepted.

And you are correct about the transfer credits. That is HUGE with regard to the time left before I receive my BS in Behavioral Health Sciences. By my estimation, I would be entering into my junior year and should be on track to graduate by December of 2019!

(((WHEW!))) What a week this has been. A whirlwind of unexpected happenings and exciting news. And to top it all off...I am back on the losing track again. But we won't muck this post up with that nonsense again. Just thought I would make mention...
    haha see sometimes if you ignore those scales for a bit and enjoy life then ahhhmazing things happen :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    haha see sometimes if you ignore those scales for a bit and enjoy life then ahhhmazing things happen :-)

I couldn't agree with you more.
    Woohoo! What fabulous news Shannon. So glad that you can share this with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    Woohoo! What fabulous news Shannon. So glad that you can share this with us.

Hi Lisa!

Me too! I couldn't think of a greater group of folks to share such great news with that those of you within the VSG WLS Community.
    Shannon, congratulations! I retired from working with children and adolescents in mental health -- and kudos on your hard work. Wherever you end up, you will be an awesome light in a very dark world. I started out pre-med, but "back in the day" women were quite hazed and discouraged. My family history includes MDD, Schizophrenia and bipolar, so was familiar with the crazy train and self medication (all that was available to many).

My personal life as a child propelled me to children and adolescents. It's the best/worse work ever. I still keep my skills in use with the CrisisTextLine (Ted talk has a great symposium on it); their training was hard, even with an education and practice!

And yes, I have MDD, OCD but dodged the bipolar, which mom & siblings all had. My kids have all dodged early and late onset Schizo, but all have MDD, GAD for which they do cognitive therapy and some meds.

You will be a light to those you touch! You certainly are to all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    Shannon, congratulations! I retired from working with children and adolescents in mental health -- and kudos on your hard work. Wherever you end up, you will be an awesome light in a very dark world. I started out pre-med, but "back in the day" women were quite hazed and discouraged. My family history includes MDD, Schizophrenia and bipolar, so was familiar with the crazy train and self medication (all that was available to many).

My personal life as a child propelled me to children and adolescents. It's the best/worse work ever. I still keep my skills in use with the CrisisTextLine (Ted talk has a great symposium on it); their training was hard, even with an education and practice!

And yes, I have MDD, OCD but dodged the bipolar, which mom & siblings all had. My kids have all dodged early and late onset Schizo, but all have MDD, GAD for which they do cognitive therapy and some meds.

You will be a light to those you touch! You certainly are to all of us.

Hi there Annie!

You have deeply touched my heart by the kind words you have said and the story that you shared. For that I am eternally grateful.

I hope you are right in that I can a beacon of light in a rather dismal and cloudy world. If I am able to effectively help just one person then I know I have done my personal best, and to me, that makes all of my education and training worthwhile.

Thank you for being you.

Have a great rest of your week!