Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

erc70

Buyers remorse?

Rate this Entry
Hi,. I am only 12 days post op, I am now allowed to eat solid foods. The problem is that I don't know what feeling full should feel like. I think I can eat more than I am supposed to be eating. I have read post from other sleevers who can only eat half a yogurt, yet I can eat the whole thing. I am afraid I am doing this wrong and I will gain it all back. Did I make a mistake getting this done. My anxiety is kicking in and am so worried.

Submit "Buyers remorse?" to Digg Submit "Buyers remorse?" to del.icio.us Submit "Buyers remorse?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Buyers remorse?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hallo you! First of all, it is really easy to eat a whole yogurt as it is really like liquid. Anything liquedy slips down easily. Have you eaten anything solid yet ... like tuna or chicken, I wouldn't have thought so because it seems a bit early?? I had 3 weeks of liquids which were protein shakes, teas, blended soups etc and then at day 21 I went onto what they call soft foods so things like cottage cheese, tuna mashed with yogurt, avocado mashed etc... then at 4 weeks I could have solid food and chew it well so things like scallops and fish and meat etc.
    So I'm thinking you may possibly be moving onto soft foods now? And I'm also thinking that when you start to eat those you will realise that you had your knickers in a big twist LOL. Because you will certainly feel the restriction. It's very different when you start to eat things that are not liquid based. Honestly.
    Also everything you are feeling now is totally normal. I think all of us at 12 days probably had doubts about whether this would work for us etc. Top tip: it will.
    Something I would advise you to do is hide your scales till about the 5 or 6 week mark and then weigh yourself as some people do get a bit of a stall at 3 to 5 weeks and get discouraged, then they start losing again and are like yayyy!
    You're not going to gain anything back. You are going to lose a ton of weight and feel like a million dollars. I know cos I've done the study!
    There is a ton of emotions at this stage and its good just to feel them, acknowledge them, but don't believe them ;-) You're going to do so great x
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Hallo you! First of all, it is really easy to eat a whole yogurt as it is really like liquid. Anything liquedy slips down easily. Have you eaten anything solid yet ... like tuna or chicken, I wouldn't have thought so because it seems a bit early?? I had 3 weeks of liquids which were protein shakes, teas, blended soups etc and then at day 21 I went onto what they call soft foods so things like cottage cheese, tuna mashed with yogurt, avocado mashed etc... then at 4 weeks I could have solid food and chew it well so things like scallops and fish and meat etc.
    So I'm thinking you may possibly be moving onto soft foods now? And I'm also thinking that when you start to eat those you will realise that you had your knickers in a big twist LOL. Because you will certainly feel the restriction. It's very different when you start to eat things that are not liquid based. Honestly.
    Also everything you are feeling now is totally normal. I think all of us at 12 days probably had doubts about whether this would work for us etc. Top tip: it will.
    Something I would advise you to do is hide your scales till about the 5 or 6 week mark and then weigh yourself as some people do get a bit of a stall at 3 to 5 weeks and get discouraged, then they start losing again and are like yayyy!
    You're not going to gain anything back. You are going to lose a ton of weight and feel like a million dollars. I know cos I've done the study!
    There is a ton of emotions at this stage and its good just to feel them, acknowledge them, but don't believe them ;-) You're going to do so great x
    Thank you so much for your response. I really needed this. My dietician did allow me to eat solid food. They skip the pureed stage.
    Don't stress.
    Your stomach is still in shock and trying to recover and survive.
    That takes a while and until then he does not give the proper signals.
    That is why you don't feel a thing.
    Just wait, it will happen again.

And when that happens you have to learn the signs, that your stomach gives, when you are full.
    That can be a little burp, or you start sighing, or have a runny nose or watery eyes.
    Maybe a little pressure in your stomach area.
    All of that are "full signals".
    When you feel that STOP EATING.
    Even when there is only one bite left, don't eat it, or you wil be in pain!
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    Don't stress.
    Your stomach is still in shock and trying to recover and survive.
    That takes a while and until then he does not give the proper signals.
    That is why you don't feel a thing.
    Just wait, it will happen again.

And when that happens you have to learn the signs, that your stomach gives, when you are full.
    That can be a little burp, or you start sighing, or have a runny nose or watery eyes.
    Maybe a little pressure in your stomach area.
    All of that are "full signals".
    When you feel that STOP EATING.
    Even when there is only one bite left, don't eat it, or you wil be in pain!
    Thank you so much for your advice this helps so much!
    You won't know the feeling of full until you are eating real foods, especially dense proteins. Liquids just go right through you. Talk to me when you try a piece of chicken, I guarantee you will know what full feels like then! (Yogurt is basically a liquid in my book.)
    Also -- when you get to solids you will find yourself burping, feel a pull from your stomach, or a feeling in the back of your throat that will be the hint. It took me two weeks to figure this out, but my digestive system helped me out as overeating = hurling. Very effective notification system. After a few instances, I've not had any others except for rare occasions when I've tried something that my body does not like, such as MSG laced Asian food or overly spicy foods. Don't sweat it, the process all works out in the end and you adapt quickly.
    Soft things like yogurt are pretty easy to eat. Eat a piece of chicken and you will feel it. Also, when you do eat the solid food go very slow and chew really well. You will probably overeat before you realize you are full in the beginning and it is very uncomfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMo
    Also -- when you get to solids you will find yourself burping, feel a pull from your stomach, or a feeling in the back of your throat that will be the hint. It took me two weeks to figure this out, but my digestive system helped me out as overeating = hurling. Very effective notification system. After a few instances, I've not had any others except for rare occasions when I've tried something that my body does not like, such as MSG laced Asian food or overly spicy foods. Don't sweat it, the process all works out in the end and you adapt quickly.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by erc70
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Liquids. I worried about the same thing. I can drink all 11 oz of a Premier Protein shake over the course of 5 minutes and not have any pain. If I tried 11 oz of solid food I would die.

The liquids seem to slip right through and that includes a cup of yogurt.

You will be experimenting with solid foods soon. Take your time. Take...your...time.

It took me a bit to realize that a sneeze after a few bites was my "warning" sign. If I don't stop real soon after that sneeze then I am going to throw up. Weird, but true.
    [QUOTE=cpttrsn;bt203841]Liquids. I worried about the same thing. I can drink all 11 oz of a Premier Protein shake over the course of 5 minutes and not have any pain. If I tried 11 oz of solid food I would die.

The liquids seem to slip right through and that includes a cup of yogurt.

You will be experimenting with solid foods soon. Take your time. Take...your...time.Thank you.!
    It took me a bit to realize that a sneeze after a few bites was my "warning" sign. If I don't stop real soon after that sneeze then I am going to throw up. Weird, but true.[/QUOTE
    Thank you!