Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sealover

Hungry Alot

Rate this Entry
Hi, I am going through something I have not seen mentioned here yet, hoping someone can relate. I am about 2 1/2 months post op. While I am doing extremely well on this journey and have had virtually no problems at all. I get hungry. A lot. It's been like this from the beginning. I truly feel like a baby that needs to eat every 2-3 hours. I have been tracking my food on MyFittnessPal and I am heavily eating more 'snack' foods than meals. I eat to the point of feeling full, usually 5-6 forkful/spoonfuls. I get a runny nose when I am full, that's my signal.
My typical eating day goes something like this which averages about 600 calories
7AM Breakfast; 1/2 western omelet (1 egg total)
9:30 Snack; Oikos Greek yogurt 1/4 c total
11:30 Lunch; 1/2 Healthy Choice Steamer chicken and broccoli
1:30 Snack; Light cheese stick or 1 oz turkey jerky
3:00 Snack; 1 c Fairlife milk with Genpro protein powder and a squirt of sugar free chocolate flavoring.
5:30 Dinner; Steak, chicken or seafood 1-2 ounces, grilled vegetables, about 1/4 cup.
8PM; sugar free popsicle and 2 prunes.
And sometimes I am still hungry at night which was always my danger zone before for snacking.
Does anyone else get the hungry horrors all day, every day? I just wish I could stay full for longer periods of time...

Submit "Hungry Alot" to Digg Submit "Hungry Alot" to del.icio.us Submit "Hungry Alot" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hungry Alot" to Google

Comments

Your sample meal looks pretty reasonable. I'm about the same time out as you, I find certain times of day or situations trigger my empty feelings. My strategy is to monitor my protein on my fitness pal and try to hit half of my target protein after eating lunch. I supplement with premier protein Shakes premade (30 grams protein, 160 calories) if I'm lagging. I also have a shake around 4:30 so I'm not famished when I get home. Also lots of water in the afternoon and evening. If I can keep my protein up and minimize carbs that seems to help.
    your diet seems to be good. I am the same time out as you. I don't get hungry but if I play tennis or go to the gym I do run out of energy. I am having half a shake for breakfast, although today I am having a boiled egg with a bit of mayo and a bit of tuna, as I am going to be playing tennis for almost 2 hours. I then have a bit of smoked salmon and cream cheese for lunch with a bit of cucumber and around 5pm I will have a ladel of home made chicken soup and then supper is either chicken or fish with a veg. After supper I have 2 prunes. I also try and drink the required water throughout the day. I also hope I am not eating too much.
    You both sound like you are doing fab. I am the same and although I eat regularly its tiny meals and about 5 or 6 times a day. I cant fit in enough to feel full for any length of time so Although im not hungry as in starving I just know I need a bit more for energy. I wouldn't worry about it. Its not so much grazing if you are eating good stuff... if you start eating cake then look out.. but you're not doing that :-)
    I also get the sneezy runny nose thang :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMo
    Your sample meal looks pretty reasonable. I'm about the same time out as you, I find certain times of day or situations trigger my empty feelings. My strategy is to monitor my protein on my fitness pal and try to hit half of my target protein after eating lunch. I supplement with premier protein Shakes premade (30 grams protein, 160 calories) if I'm lagging. I also have a shake around 4:30 so I'm not famished when I get home. Also lots of water in the afternoon and evening. If I can keep my protein up and minimize carbs that seems to help.
    Yes we are about the same time out, thanks for the response. So you do get famished? It seems like I am like this more than most people on here are. And it is a stomach growling, hungry feeling for sure. I'm pretty sure I am not head hungry or wanting to eat my feelings. Water does help a bit too!
    Quote Originally Posted by elllie
    your diet seems to be good. I am the same time out as you. I don't get hungry but if I play tennis or go to the gym I do run out of energy. I am having half a shake for breakfast, although today I am having a boiled egg with a bit of mayo and a bit of tuna, as I am going to be playing tennis for almost 2 hours. I then have a bit of smoked salmon and cream cheese for lunch with a bit of cucumber and around 5pm I will have a ladel of home made chicken soup and then supper is either chicken or fish with a veg. After supper I have 2 prunes. I also try and drink the required water throughout the day. I also hope I am not eating too much.
    Ellie, you really don't feel hunger? I wish I could feel that way! I seem to be on the other spectrum. It sounds like you are eating just fine and the right amounts. You are doing fabulous
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    I also get the sneezy runny nose thang :-)
    Hah! I need to keep a napkin or tissue with me all the time! Thanks for the encouragement Stacey, I'm glad I am not alone with this hungriness. I am really hoping in the months to come I will be able to eat more and I will last longer between meals.
    It makes sense that we're hungry all the time. Our stomachs are teeny tiny, so they don't stay full for long. I find it rather annoying. Nothing I can do about it now, but it is frustrating to have to eat every couple of hours like an infant. I'm sure that's why plenty of people gain the weight back. I would too if I weren't too lazy to cook or run out and get food every time I got hungry ;-)
    Early on I was hungry all the time. I had to have bites every so often. I always had beef jerky at my desk. I also always kept a low carb, high protein bar in my purse in a Ziploc. I had to have a small bite every hour or two or I would be starving. Eventually as I could eat more I would stay full longer.
    You do have a baby tummy, and I remember thinking I was eating like a baby, small amounts but more often. So no worries, you're normal!
    I graze throughout the day too. I feel full after 3-4 mouthfuls.
    So, I wrap up my meal and have it a little later.
    Also have a protein bar or a latte to snack on.
    I get the hiccups when I’m full.
    My husband knows when I’ve had enough. We laugh when it happens.
    omg!! This was so good to read. I am always hungry but a couple bits in I feel full. Glad I am not alone. I was told I would drink 2 shakes a day then 3 oz on lean meat for dinner. That is not happening I found after surgery I did not like the shakes. I am hoping that changes with time. I drink protein water instead.
    I am so glad to read this! I was sleeved 4/10/18, have had no problems healing, but also eat every 2-3 hours! Always thing that are on plan, but I'm afraid that I'll get into a bad habit like this. Good to read everyone's responses.
    Thanks for posting