Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

The North Sleeve

7 Weeks Post Op and Life is Good

Rate this Entry
I am officially 7 weeks post op as of yesterday (June 8, 2018). Uncle Sleeve has been very good to me and I couldn't be happier. I am down close to 60 lbs from my start of the pre-op liquid diet on April 8, 2018. MY surgery was April 20, 2018. My high weight was 354 lbs, my weight on day of surgery was 333 lbs and I am just under 300 lbs right now at 295 lbs. I am 6'2 and 50 years young!!

I was recently on a stall where my weight really never changed for about 10 days or so, and it had me slightly confused but after reading many different posts and articles about VSG, I find that is rather normal, however it is still frustrating because you feel you are doing something wrong. But all in all, losing 60 lbs in 2 months from 4/8/18 to 6/8/18 is nothing to be ashamed of and that is a quick pace for the body to drop so much weight.

I feel so much lighter and I have dropped a few sizes in pants which almost gave me a heart attack the other day when I was trying on clothes at the Big and Tall store. I have always gone up in pant sizes, never a decline, that in itself was an amazing feeling.

One other thing I have been amazed at is I quit smoking cigarettes since April 20th as well. I smoked for over 30 years and I am still amazed at the miracle I am currently living of dropping pounds and not smoking! I tell myself everyday not to go back to those darn cancer sticks and so far I have absolutely no interest in going back to them at all!

I feel this was the best decision I have made in my entire life and I would like to inform others who may be interested in weight loss surgery to go ahead with it and do not hesitate for one minute.

I still have a lot to learn and a long road in front of me since I am still at the beginning of my journey, but I am very proud to be a member of Uncle Sleeve's family.

Submit "7 Weeks Post Op and Life is Good" to Digg Submit "7 Weeks Post Op and Life is Good" to del.icio.us Submit "7 Weeks Post Op and Life is Good" to StumbleUpon Submit "7 Weeks Post Op and Life is Good" to Google

Comments

That is great North Sleeve. I agree. I am so glad I was sleeved. Things will continue to get better and better as a sleeved person. And soooo much YAY!!! for you quitting smoking!! That is freaking amazing!
    Oh this is wonderful news! You are doing great and well done for quitting! It might be helpful for people if you write a blog on the quitting smokes (if you wanted to!) Ive just noticed that some people ask about that and may be encouraged by you :-)
    Many congrats on your new life :-)
    North Sleeve, this is such a great post. Congratulations to you. You're making your new life happen.
    Congrats on your success, not only with the weight loss, but staying off cigarettes! That is no small feat! Keep up the great work!
    Thank you all. I've been going through a huge change since my surgery and I'm loving every minute of it so far. It's so nice to have a place like this where you can read other people's issues/advice and use that information to gain so much knowledge.
    Congratulations North Sleeve on the success you have had thus far since surgery! Keep up the great work!