Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

erc70

Gas pain and fullness

Rate this Entry
How long does that feeling of bloating and fullness last after surgery. Can't seem to find a comfortable place to rest. Stomach feels so blown up.

Submit "Gas pain and fullness" to Digg Submit "Gas pain and fullness" to del.icio.us Submit "Gas pain and fullness" to StumbleUpon Submit "Gas pain and fullness" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Took me all of the first week and some of the second to deflate. I found keeping a pillow against my gut helped a lot. The ladies auxiliary at my hospital made small firm travel pillows that they gave to all bariatric patients and they helped many of us. Walking, moving, and fluids seemed to help too.
    About a week. I used a heating pad a lot and also used a body pillow to adjust my body to get comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    About a week. I used a heating pad a lot and also used a body pillow to adjust my body to get comfortable.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMo
    Took me all of the first week and some of the second to deflate. I found keeping a pillow against my gut helped a lot. The ladies auxiliary at my hospital made small firm travel pillows that they gave to all bariatric patients and they helped many of us. Walking, moving, and fluids seemed to help too.
    Thank you!
    For the gas they introduce into the abdomen to do the procedure, the best things I found to alleviate is walking, lying on my left side and using a heating pad. I put the pad on the shoulder that hurt the most (for me was left). All of this made it go away by third or fourth day post op.
    Definitely use a pillow to hold on your stomach for the ride home, I did not but so wish I had!
    Best to you as you recover.
    Hello I'm 1 week out and I have the same issue. I'm miserable so how long did it take to feel better for you? What did you do?