Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

New Pic-Corporate Cup-Happy Ending-Fit Couple-Sleeved and Fabulous

Rate this Entry
Had such a wonderful day today. Hubby got to compete for his age group at the Corporate Cup. It was a lot of fun. I am so proud of him. He had his own personal best and came in 14th in his age group. There was 90 companies there competing. I never had even heard of this until he became part of it. Thinking I will try to join my companies team for next year. We will see what happens. Here is a picture before the race.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corporate cup.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	339.2 KB 
ID:	27653
There was tailgating and I had some yummy food. Had a half of a hamburger. I had it loaded with veggies and it was delicious. Drank loads of water. It was so bloody hot today. It was over a hundred today. It is currently hanging tight at 99 and it is 715 PM. I have been saying for a while that it was going to be a hot summer this year and so we are off to a good start. Usually we are not hitting the 100's until late summer. Guess tomorrow I will hit the pool after my workout. At least for a bit. Or maybe just chill in the AC. Guess we will see.
My kiddo had her induction into the Thespian Society tonight. It was 70's themed. Who does a themed induction? Luckily we found something that worked at the thrift store. I think we didn't do too bad. And she looks pretty adorable to me. I know, I know....I am biased!! Funny thing is that she already had that Beatles clutch as she is a huge fan.

Name:	thespian.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	27654
You know I never thought my 40's would be so much more fabulous than my 30's. My 20's were pretty grand until I had my first kid and that is when my yo-yo weight shame game began. I look back at the years that I was so uncomfortable in my own skin. Not enjoying life to the fullest. Don't get me wrong. I love my kids and I had a good life. But the times I spent hiding from the camera. Cropping myself out. Being embarrassed by the way I looked. Not a good memory. Now I am back to that carefree person I was pre kids but with the added bonus of having my beautiful family and having me back. I am glad to live a healthy life and set a good example for my kids. I workout regularly. No excuses. Setting up that home gym was the best thing I could have ever done. It is hard to make an excuse when all you have to do is drag your ass out to the garage. Here is to living life in FRONT of the camera and NEVER hiding again. Here's to healthy!! Here is to maintaining!!

Name:	celebrating.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	386.5 KB 
ID:	27655
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend with good choices, exercise, and living up to your sleeved potential!!

Submit "New Pic-Corporate Cup-Happy Ending-Fit Couple-Sleeved and Fabulous" to Digg Submit "New Pic-Corporate Cup-Happy Ending-Fit Couple-Sleeved and Fabulous" to del.icio.us Submit "New Pic-Corporate Cup-Happy Ending-Fit Couple-Sleeved and Fabulous" to StumbleUpon Submit "New Pic-Corporate Cup-Happy Ending-Fit Couple-Sleeved and Fabulous" to Google

Comments

Look at you cutie! And look at V, GORGEOUS GIRL and the husband is a spunk too! What a beautiful healthy family :-) x
    What a lovely family! You are an inspiration.
    You are both looking so happy.
    And your beautiful daugther, wow!
    You are amazing.
    Glad you had an amazing weekend, and thank you for sharing with us a glimpse into your life by posting some new pictures. You and your family all look great!

You said something in your post that rang true with me, and that is "You know I never thought my 40's would be so much more fabulous than my 30's." My wife and I feel much the same as you do in that now that our kids are grown (24 and 21) and have moved out to face the world on their own. With that new found freedom, my wife and I feel reborn and revitalized. We have a renewed sense of purpose and look forward to the wonderful times we share together.

Have a great rest of your weekend!
    Looking good Christie! You look amazing!
    Christie, you're so right about 40's. I turned 41 in March, and I have loved being in my 40's so much. 40 was my favorite year yet. I don't know why. I've just been, for some unknown reason, doing more good for me. I quit smoking. I take time to sit outside and breathe fresh air. Still haven't convinced myself to exercise yet but, maybe I'll get there one day. I finally got my boobs done. I simply feel fantastic in my 40's in a way that I have never felt before.

Keep rocking your 40's! You look amazing, and it sounds like you feel even better than amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Look at you cutie! And look at V, GORGEOUS GIRL and the husband is a spunk too! What a beautiful healthy family :-) x
    Thanks Gwen! I feel like a brand new woman!
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLisa71
    What a lovely family! You are an inspiration.
    Awwww! Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    You are both looking so happy.
    And your beautiful daugther, wow!
    You are amazing.
    We are feeling pretty dang amazing. Hubby has lost about 40-45 lbs on this journey with me. We are both fitter and healthier than we have been since we were young. It is great. And thanks for the compliment about my daughter. She looks cute but she is hormonal teenager!! She keeps me on my toes and pulling my hair out!! LOL!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon'sVSG
    Glad you had an amazing weekend, and thank you for sharing with us a glimpse into your life by posting some new pictures. You and your family all look great!

You said something in your post that rang true with me, and that is "You know I never thought my 40's would be so much more fabulous than my 30's." My wife and I feel much the same as you do in that now that our kids are grown (24 and 21) and have moved out to face the world on their own. With that new found freedom, my wife and I feel reborn and revitalized. We have a renewed sense of purpose and look forward to the wonderful times we share together.

Have a great rest of your weekend!
    Yes!!! Reborn and revitalized! That is exactly what it is!! So freaking amazing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    Looking good Christie! You look amazing!
    Thanks Lori!! I feel awesome!! I even got carded when I ordered a beer at the Corporate Cup. My hubby had left his ID in the back pack and the guy said, "You look old enough (to my hubby) but I need to see your ID" to me. HAHAHAHA. Then he mentioned that I had an older guy. LOL. We are only a year apart. I was laughing...Greg not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina
    Christie, you're so right about 40's. I turned 41 in March, and I have loved being in my 40's so much. 40 was my favorite year yet. I don't know why. I've just been, for some unknown reason, doing more good for me. I quit smoking. I take time to sit outside and breathe fresh air. Still haven't convinced myself to exercise yet but, maybe I'll get there one day. I finally got my boobs done. I simply feel fantastic in my 40's in a way that I have never felt before.

Keep rocking your 40's! You look amazing, and it sounds like you feel even better than amazing.
    Oh yes!! 40's are the new 20's!! And I am so jealous about the boobs...I am going to get mine done next year!! I can't wait. My poor things are like sad little prunes. Hahaha.
    You look amazing! And your daughter is your mini me!!
    Wow !! you look amazing.. wonderful family.. enjoy life to the fullest..
    i know how you feel about the Fabulous 40's.. we are in the same boat.. enjoying my new sleeved life
    Oh, Christie! Fabuloso! For you and your hubby. How wonderful that you're enjoying your new health together.

And congrats to everyone else here who's experiencing the same rejuvenation results from their healthy new lifestyles.

We are so bloody fortunate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita62
    You look amazing! And your daughter is your mini me!!
    Awww. Thank you! The only thing she gets from her daddy is her whiteness and ears. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio1976
    Wow !! you look amazing.. wonderful family.. enjoy life to the fullest..
    i know how you feel about the Fabulous 40's.. we are in the same boat.. enjoying my new sleeved life
    Isn't it just great!! The sleeve gave me life and years back!! So freaking great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Oh, Christie! Fabuloso! For you and your hubby. How wonderful that you're enjoying your new health together.

And congrats to everyone else here who's experiencing the same rejuvenation results from their healthy new lifestyles.

We are so bloody fortunate!
    Yesssss….the sleeve is like the fountain of youth that Ponce de Leon must've been talking about. I can tell you that this surgery has brought us so much closer as we do all these wonderful activities together.
    You look amazing and the joy just shines through!

Your daughter is for sure a mini me! So pretty!

It is an AMAZING thing we have now..a life to LIVE! Keep adventuring my friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv49ers19
    You look amazing and the joy just shines through!

Your daughter is for sure a mini me! So pretty!

It is an AMAZING thing we have now..a life to LIVE! Keep adventuring my friend
    Awwww. Thanks!! This damn sleeve thing is pretty freaking amazing! I will never take my fitness and healthy body for granted again.
    Gorgeous photo!! I'm so glad you are happy and healthy in that new body!!
    Strange enough I do feel the same regarding my age and .. even with facing a few health issues...it could have been much worth!
    Take care XX big hugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Gorgeous photo!! I'm so glad you are happy and healthy in that new body!!
    Strange enough I do feel the same regarding my age and .. even with facing a few health issues...it could have been much worth!
    Take care XX big hugs!
    Thanks Sandra. I feel pretty damn great!! I think the sleeve has been so amazing. So happy you feel the same!