Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

My Memorial Day Weekend in a Nutshell

Rate this Entry
I had the absolute best long weekend. Made lots of good choices and ate right but also enjoyed life to the fullest.
I had Friday off for my yearly mammogram (family history and all). So that is how I started my day. Then came home and did a few things. Exercised. Went to the pool and relaxed for 2 hours. Hung out with my lovely family that night.
Saturday slept in slightly. (7 am. LOL.) Worked out. Made lunch for some good friends...one has Celiac disease so I was stressed out making sure I read every label. It was a total success as she didn't get sick so I felt really happy about that. Then we went to the pool a few hours.
Sunday got my work out in and had another lunch with good friends and more pool time. Needless to say, being Italian and I have a great tan already.
Monday was a day for reflecting and relaxing. I still started my day with my work out but spent the rest just enjoying life. It is amazing to me how the simple things bring me so much joy now. I enjoy just being. It is such a different feeling. Not really sure what it is. Maybe just that inner peace and happiness of being comfortable in my own skin. I knew life would change after being sleeved. I knew I would be so happy to get rid of the fat...but the tranquility that comes from this new found inner peace was unexpected. I am thankful every day for my sleeve and I am damn determined to never abuse my tool.
Not sure if any of you have had these feelings. Hope you all had a successful holiday weekend filled with joy and good decisions.

Submit "My Memorial Day Weekend in a Nutshell" to Digg Submit "My Memorial Day Weekend in a Nutshell" to del.icio.us Submit "My Memorial Day Weekend in a Nutshell" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Memorial Day Weekend in a Nutshell" to Google

Comments

Hi Christie13!

So happy to learn you had an amazing Memorial Day Weekend. To be able to spend invaluable time with exceptional friends and family on any given day is special in and of itself, but to do so in a gathering type of setting wherein those folks are able to co-mingle and hold meaningful conversation is priceless.

But moreover, the happiness you exude as your blog post continues is something to be commended. Not everyone is capable of reaching that level of personal satisfaction after having undergone WLS. There is a great deal we can all learn from your personal experiences. I for one, would love to tear a page from your book on VSG success.

Have a great week!
    Lovely weekend Christie. There is such an inner peace in not struggling with the fat. I feel ya x
    I'm so happy for you, Christie. No one deserves their post-WLS happiness more than you. You've invested so much in getting here and staying here. <3
    Christie glad you thoroughly enjoyed your Memorial Day Weekend!! Thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon'sVSG
    Hi Christie13!

So happy to learn you had an amazing Memorial Day Weekend. To be able to spend invaluable time with exceptional friends and family on any given day is special in and of itself, but to do so in a gathering type of setting wherein those folks are able to co-mingle and hold meaningful conversation is priceless.

But moreover, the happiness you exude as your blog post continues is something to be commended. Not everyone is capable of reaching that level of personal satisfaction after having undergone WLS. There is a great deal we can all learn from your personal experiences. I for one, would love to tear a page from your book on VSG success.

Have a great week!
    I guess the biggest thing that dances through my head is "Life is beautiful". I have focused a great deal of time ridding myself of the negativity. There is so much negativity in every day life (especially social media) that we get caught up in it. Have learned to take a minute to appreciate all the positive things. There is so much joy and beauty out there that we need to capitalize on it and tune out all the bad vibes and negativity. Not going to let anyone bring me down. I have worked hard for my found peace of mind and not allowing anyone to rain on my parade. Take a few minutes every day to sit and think of what you saw that was beautiful or what you have that you are absolutely thankful for....it is life changing. And quiet the ugly words in your head that we use against ourselves. I will no longer bully myself. I am soooooo worth it!! And so are you Shannon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Lovely weekend Christie. There is such an inner peace in not struggling with the fat. I feel ya x
    Also great joy in tuning out the negative people. When I see people on Facebook who only post negative stuff I hide them from my timeline. I don't want to hear the constant bitching and complaining and general ugliness. I want to see the pics of families, good times, flowers, pets....see posts about successes, something that made you smile, something that made you laugh....bring on the positivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    I'm so happy for you, Christie. No one deserves their post-WLS happiness more than you. You've invested so much in getting here and staying here. <3
    Thanks Ann...your words are always so kind and uplifting. And I love all your honesty! You keep me inspired to know that I can maintain successfully!
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyWade
    Christie glad you thoroughly enjoyed your Memorial Day Weekend!! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks Sassy! I hope you had a wonderful one as well!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Also great joy in tuning out the negative people. When I see people on Facebook who only post negative stuff I hide them from my timeline. I don't want to hear the constant bitching and complaining and general ugliness. I want to see the pics of families, good times, flowers, pets....see posts about successes, something that made you smile, something that made you laugh....bring on the positivity.
    Im with you on that :-) xx