Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Aydensmomma

back to counting calories

Rate this Entry
Hey all!! I haven't posted in a long time! I see a lot of new faces and a lot of people starting this life changing journey. CONGRATS EVERYONE!
I was sleeved about 3.5 years ago. I was 255lbs on the day of surgery. I lost weight really fast. I can't remember exact times but I think after 18mo I got down to 123lbs, at 5'7" I was super skinny, pics in my profile.
I needed to gain. Before gaining I was happy at 150, so I set my goal at 145. I needed to gain 20lbs (never had that issue!) it took a while but by close to 3 years out I got to 150, then I weighed myself this past March and I was 155, then 158.....WOAH....I was steadily gaining. my clothes were tight. I felt fat. Scary. It was time to start counting calories (it also didn't help that I didn't do much over the winter) So anyway I got back on track and this morning I was down to 143.8
YAY!
I will say this, it was very easy for me to loose this time. 14lbs in 8 weeks. I have been doing yard work and watching my calorie intake. I had gotten used to eating more calories to gain when I was 123lbs. Now I just watch what I eat, and exercise by doing yard work.
I was afraid that history was going to repeat itself, where I would start gaining and no matter how much I did in the past I never lost it, until WLS
I still have major restriction.
As for calories....
I was very disappointed today, I asked my husband to get me a frozen coffee last week, it took a few days for me to drink it, I just kept freezing it.
today I went to get another one
A large was 900-1190 calories
for a coffee
A frozen coffee
guess what I didn't get and won't get again?
so disapointing. I figured it was maybe 400cal, and it takes me days to drink so it worked out in my head. but not at 1190 calories
damn you DD
damn you

Submit "back to counting calories" to Digg Submit "back to counting calories" to del.icio.us Submit "back to counting calories" to StumbleUpon Submit "back to counting calories" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Missed you! Glad to hear things are going well.
    Glad to hear you caught your weight gain right away and got back to your fighting weight. I hear you about drinks...the only calories I drink are my nonfat latte made with fairlife milk and a scoop of collagen powder. It is my morning drink and gives me a huge protein boost as well.
    Hey Teri, Long time no see! Glad you're doing so well, I rarely ever come on here anymore which is super strange because the first 2 years I was on all day and night but life does get in the way some how. I gotta ask, exactly what kind of frozen coffe do you get? I can't believe it's that many calories, I get a medium iced Macchiatto with whole milk all the time but now you have me worried about the calories lol. I just passed my 3 year March 24th and I'm holding strong at 138 but do flucuate that 5lbs. every now and then but hey I'll take it so long as it doesn't get higher than that because I'm really comfortable at this weight. My gosh remember how much we were complaining about being too skinny! I'm really happy with this weight but if I start gaing I will be be much more mindful of what I'm doing. Anyway I hope everything is going well with you and your Family, have a great Summer, Sandy
    Very impressive! Great story.

And yes -- some coffee drinks can be shockingly "expensive," eh?

Zoey101 -- you can look up calories online. Just google your drink and where you get it, e.g., Starbucks iced macchiato whole milk grande. Even better say 12 ounces.

The range of calories from one vendor to another can also be a shocker!

P.S. Per the My Fitness Pal database, a Starbucks grande 16-ounce Caramel Macchiato is 240 calories.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey101
    Hey Teri, Long time no see! Glad you're doing so well, I rarely ever come on here anymore which is super strange because the first 2 years I was on all day and night but life does get in the way some how. I gotta ask, exactly what kind of frozen coffe do you get? I can't believe it's that many calories, I get a medium iced Macchiatto with whole milk all the time but now you have me worried about the calories lol. I just passed my 3 year March 24th and I'm holding strong at 138 but do flucuate that 5lbs. every now and then but hey I'll take it so long as it doesn't get higher than that because I'm really comfortable at this weight. My gosh remember how much we were complaining about being too skinny! I'm really happy with this weight but if I start gaing I will be be much more mindful of what I'm doing. Anyway I hope everything is going well with you and your Family, have a great Summer, Sandy
    I know, I used to be on here every day now I come on once a week or so.
    It's dunkin donuts large caramel iced coffee.....it was damn good too.
    I get the Starbucks too but as Ann said it's under 300 cal. dunkin donuts must just pour sugar in and count to ten, or twenty, before stopping 😂
    text me sometime! Hope all is well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Very impressive! Great story.

And yes -- some coffee drinks can be shockingly "expensive," eh?

Zoey101 -- you can look up calories online. Just google your drink and where you get it, e.g., Starbucks iced macchiato whole milk grande. Even better say 12 ounces.

The range of calories from one vendor to another can also be a shocker!

P.S. Per the My Fitness Pal database, a Starbucks grande 16-ounce Caramel Macchiato is 240 calories.
    Thanks Ann! 😀