Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

Shining Like A Superstar

Rate this Entry
Recent frustrations aside, I have sought information and inspiration, as well as put in dedication and perspiration all with the hope that the scale will tip in my favor, and much to my chagrin I have been met with nothing short of opposition where my weight loss journey is concerned.

I said all of that because as kooky as it may sound when read through, it pretty much sums up how I have been feeling. I have literally been busting my ass to make see the result I am looking for but my body is (for whatever reasons it chooses) refusing to cooperate with me. So I've decided to settle upon what I would think is a fair compromise. I will give my body whatever it requires and do whatever it takes to make some progress.

I know, I know...I sound like I am obsessing over this. And maybe to some small degree I am, but short of going commando on my weight loss journey, I have decided that what I need to do is to shake things up a little by implementing some new exercises into my regimen; introducing some new and interesting foods into my "diet"; and by taking that crooked and often accusatory finger that is aimed in my direction and balling it into a fist filled with determination that screams I. WILL. SUCCEED.

After all, in reality isn't that what we as VSG recipients should be telling ourselves: that we will succeed in our weight loss journey? Shouldn't we be ignoring the self-induced accusatory fingers that are aimed at ourselves? And shouldn't we be in a state of constant flux so as not to become complacent in our daily routines and allow the pounds and inches to S-L-O-W-L-Y creep back on?

I for one have had enough of kicking myself while I am down. I deserve better of myself. Hell...I EXPECT better from myself. This is not who I am, nor is it who I have chosen to become.

I want to thank each of you who have read, responded, or felt inspired by my previous blogs outlining my struggles. Know that I have fought a long hard fight and have come to realize that fighting with myself was never the answer, rather what I required was love, attention, patience, understanding, and last but certainly not least...cooperation.

Armed with this new understanding, I am ready and willing to accept whatever I am made to deal with and I will come out shining like the superstar that I truly am, because I am done tarnishing my own self worth.

Submit "Shining Like A Superstar" to Digg Submit "Shining Like A Superstar" to del.icio.us Submit "Shining Like A Superstar" to StumbleUpon Submit "Shining Like A Superstar" to Google

Comments

Absolute truth in this. I have said over and over that stress does a number on our bodies. Bad mouthing ourselves and making ourselves miserable is very counterintuitive. We need to be making ourselves better mind, body, and soul. You are totally worth it.
    "I for one have had enough of kicking myself while I am down. I deserve better of myself. Hell...I EXPECT better from myself. This is not who I am, nor is it who I have chosen to become."

And with this belief you will most certainly succeed!
    Kia Kaha.
    Hi Christie13!

Your "absolute truth" is 100% on point. Stress is a mind and spirit killer in the sense that is tears you down but fails to build you back up. Much like you stated in your response, "bad mouthing ourselves and making ourselves miserable is very counter-intuitive. We need to be making ourselves better mind, body, and soul," this behavior proves to do little more than dispel any notion that we are worth creating our own positive energy for healing and good health. We are all worthy of our own self produced self worth. We just need to recognize it and make that our priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    And with this belief you will most certainly succeed!
    Hey there Lisa!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again! You exude positivity, and it is that very positivity that trickles over into the lives of those you touch with your kind, supportive, and optimistic words.
    Yes you will succeed Shannon! I believe it :-)
    It was May 10th when you realized you had to get back on track. That was less than 2 weeks ago. You can do it, but probably not overnight! You know we all believe in you. And I can tell you believe in yourself.

I am still looking at your photo thinking you do not look fat at all. Is that a current photo?
    Shannon, I have to tell you I love the raw uncensored thoughts and emotions that show in your writings. At times it sounds like my own internal dialogue - filled with conflicting moments of strength and weakness, followed by resolve to never fall back into bad habits, and a willingness to start tomorrow with a new positive mindset.

This is so much more a mental game than I realized in the beginning of my VSG journey.

Keep up the fight and keep sharing, you are an inspiration.
    Hi Sparkybill!

Thank you for the kind words.

It is my belief that if I am not candid about my journey, then my experiences (although they do differ to some degree) will not be beneficial to someone who may being going through the same or similar conditions. And if any one piece of my journey can be utilized, then my posting these blogs is worth the time and effort I put into them.

Hang in there. As difficult as it can be, it is well worth the fight.