Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

In Good Company

Rate this Entry
There are moments throughout this journey where I have felt that I have lost the maximum amount of weight possible. As a direct result, I had resigned myself to the fact that I may remain 6'1" and weigh 240 pounds for the rest of my life. After some serious contemplation I realized that resigning myself to my current weight is not enough. I want to reach my goal weight of 185 pounds (or somewhere close to it) by the end of the year. Armed with this new found determination, I decided to embark on an exercise regimen that would with equal parts drive, determination, and dedication, see me to my goal weight within the allotted time frame.

In beginning of this new regimen, I partook of a 30 minute DVD workout, followed by squats, push-ups, leg lifts, crunches, and planking. Since that time, I have added a kettle bell weight routine to the mix, all with the hope of obtaining the elusive numbers that tend to taunt me every waking moment.

I understand that this mentality may not sound altogether healthy, but I assure you, there is nothing unhealthy about what I am doing. I am simply going commando with my workout routine because, quite frankly, I feel as though I don't have much further to go with what I am currently doing (walking, etc.); that I have in some way stalled or reached a plateau and need to jump off in order to get things kick started in a new direction; and that if I maintain the minimal exercise program I am currently on, it will eventually do me a disservice rather than benefit me. So I have changed everything about what I am doing.

It's hard. I won't lie. I struggle. I groan. I swear at everything in existence as I force myself to do said exercise routines, but the sense of accomplishment I have upon completion is like something from another world.

I want this that bad. I have been heavy for over 40 years of my life. It is high time I take control of my weight, my life, my self-esteem, and my positive mental attitude, and turn it into something beneficial to me and to others I choose to surround myself with. Because I am in good company these days, and the folks I choose to have in my life not only support my efforts, the encourage them. A win-win if there ever was one.

I have lost over 80 pounds since September 2017. My goal is to have lost a total of 140 pounds by December 2018. That is a year and a half of doing everything possible to see this to fruition. With such great people by my side, I don't see how I can possibly fail, unless of course I fail myself. And that is not likely to happen again.

Submit "In Good Company" to Digg Submit "In Good Company" to del.icio.us Submit "In Good Company" to StumbleUpon Submit "In Good Company" to Google

Comments

The key to exercise is finding something you really enjoy so you keep doing it. If you enjoy your routine, keep it up. If you hate it, find something you like better. Hubby's really Into biking and has signed up for a lot of rides this summer. I'm into hiking and will be in Colorado, Washington and Sicily hiking this summer! (So not a gym person....)
    Good morning sraebaer!

I agree that they key is in finding something you enjoy - which it appears I have done. It's a tough regimen, but then again, if it weren't it wouldn't be worth doing.

Much like yourself, I too, am not a gym person. What my wife and I have set up is in the finished basement of our home. It's perfect for us in that when weather is terrible we can continue our workouts without having to leave the house.

But I will say this: it sounds like you are going to have a great time this summer. I wish you safe travels and much enjoyment in your hikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon'sVSG
    Good morning sraebaer!

I agree that they key is in finding something you enjoy - which it appears I have done. It's a tough regimen, but then again, if it weren't it wouldn't be worth doing.

Much like yourself, I too, am not a gym person. What my wife and I have set up is in the finished basement of our home. It's perfect for us in that when weather is terrible we can continue our workouts without having to leave the house.

But I will say this: it sounds like you are going to have a great time this summer. I wish you safe travels and much enjoyment in your hikes.
    Thanks!
    Go for it Shannon, you can do it :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Go for it Shannon, you can do it :-)
    Thank you very much, Stacey03!