Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed


The day after

Rate this Entry
Good morning, it is Tuesday. Yesterday I had my procedure and I am told it was practically perfect. Thanks God for that! It didnt hurt really bad like my shoulder surgery did and I had a pretty comfortable day in the hospital. I was exceptionally blessed that my husband came and stayed with me all day we got to be close. At the end of the evening pain medication was making me nauseous - Iíve been getting nausea medicine almost every four hours I tried to lay off in the evening and through the night so that today will be better but, that wasnít smart because everthing hurts.... Pain is not off the charts I know itís exceptionally hard to get out of bed. Yesterday afternoon I feel like I have a ton of heartburn. Today I woke up hungry! I donít know if thatís a good sign,Especially because people say after the surgery they lose that sensation.
Iím supposed to get out this evening. Orange Coast Memorial in Fullerton is a very nice hospital.

Submit "The day after" to Digg Submit "The day after" to del.icio.us Submit "The day after" to StumbleUpon Submit "The day after" to Google



  1. DHB's Avatar
    Oh I know just where you are! My mom spent quite a bit of time at Hoag Hospital in your area. It sounds like you are still dealing with the gas pains from the gas they pump in during surgery. Be sure to get up and walk as much as possible. I know it hurts to get up but you'll feel so much better if you do.

    They should also have you on an anti-gas med for the heartburn. If they don't start it in the hospital, your surgeon should prescribe it for you at home. Really helps for the first month at least. It's very confusing to figure out what's heartburn and what's hunger.

    Hang in there. It will get easier.
  2. Christie13's Avatar
    First off, congrats on your new sleeve!! So exciting!!! And I agree with what Dale said. Just keep walking as much as you can and keep sipping all day to prevent getting dehydrated. Your "hunger" is most likely heartburn. I know that sounds so weird but it is super common in the beginning. I was on a daily antacid for about 5 or 6 months post op. The first week is the hardest but it does get a little easier each day.
  3. sraebaer's Avatar
    I slept in a recliner for a while as my bed was so high it wasn't easy getting in and out of it.
    Sleep a lot this first week, it will help so much. Also, my doctor gave me a prescription for acid reflux that I took for just one month. After that I was fine!

    Sounds like you're off to a great start! Have fun!
  4. Stacey03's Avatar
    Congrats! Hope you are all home and cosy :-)
  5. erc70's Avatar
    congrats on your sleeve. I hope you are doing better and better each day.