Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

VSGtheNP

Approved yet Denied....

Rate this Entry
Well, the insurance coordinator submitted my file on May 3rd. The insurance company recieved the file on May 4th and assigned my case to a representative on May 7th. Okay....the insurance represented indicated VSG procedure was approved on May 7th, however, the "in patient" prior authorization was denied because its considered "hospitalization".

So, the bariatric insurance coordinator has to speak with the surgeon and resubmit the prior authorization again; she's the individual, along with the surgeon, who knows how to appropriately document the "in patient" stay. On another note, I am excited that the surgery was approved.

Submit "Approved yet Denied...." to Digg Submit "Approved yet Denied...." to del.icio.us Submit "Approved yet Denied...." to StumbleUpon Submit "Approved yet Denied...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh gosh well at least that sounds like easily fixable paperwork! YAY for the approval :-)
    Isn't insurance crazy? If you do not cross every T and dot every I it can be a pain in the ass. Glad that you are approved. I am sure they will fix the error quickly. I know my paperwork had to be resubmitted as well.
    Stacey03 and Christie13 thank you very much. Insurance is crazy, you must make sure everything is completed and submitted on time. The worst part about insurance is ... the wait. The insurance coordinator did an okay job. She always returned my call and kept me updated.