Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DesertGal

You're As Young As You feel

Rate this Entry
I went into this weight loss adventure to FEEL good and get off all the obesity related drugs. I have MS; and RA; and fibromyalgia. With that said, schlepping an extra 100 pounds was the pits! I heard "lose weight and you'll feel better". Duh. I tried for years and would drop and gain and drop again, only to regain everything plus more.

So, having this done last March (2017), my goal was to lose the weight, lose the medications I had to take for high blood pressure and high cholesterol so when my 60th birthday arrived (last November), I would feel much better.

I accomplished all that and feel years (decades) younger. I am active at the gym with my Zumba classes and walking on my treadmill at home and now that summer is hitting us early here, I swim too. My rheumatoid arthritis won't go away but it's manageable with meds and I am doing SO much better in that department.

Two years ago we were moving into our new home and my husband took a picture of me (below). And I took another one 2 days ago. What a difference. A much happier, more youthful, and LIGHTER, me.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May16May18collageCROP.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	27631

Submit "You're As Young As You feel" to Digg Submit "You're As Young As You feel" to del.icio.us Submit "You're As Young As You feel" to StumbleUpon Submit "You're As Young As You feel" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It looks like you and your mom, you DO look younger! I'm 61 and don't feel I look that old, but maybe I do. I definitely don't feel that old with how active I am. Too bad there isn't a surgery to reverse aging.
    You look soooo much younger!
    So glad to hear that your health issues are better.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    It looks like you and your mom, you DO look younger! I'm 61 and don't feel I look that old, but maybe I do. I definitely don't feel that old with how active I am. Too bad there isn't a surgery to reverse aging.
    You look great! Not 61 either. A reverse aging surgery would be wonderful, wouldn’t it? I’ve met women in the gym who I thought (to myself) were OLDER than me, much older... then they will say “I’m 52 or 54” and I know my jaw drops!
    You look fabulous Lori!! I see the big picture and forget that was you that I first met. You look way younger. So proud of all the hard work you put into your journey. Especially since you lost so much weight on your pre op journey. That is the most amazing thing!!! So happy for you and all your success. Your hubby probably feels like he got his new mid life crisis wife even though it is actually the same one! Hugs!!
    Thank you Christie! I look at the before picture and cringe. OMG, how did I live like that! I wanted to BECOME healthier for my family so I’d be around longer in life. They need me. The irony is, my husband’s physical health has been not so good over the last 7,8 months . Both hips are shot; can’t do much of anything; non stop pain; and he had injections yesterday into both hips so I hope it relieves the pain he’s in. Life is unpredictable.
    A million times younger and glowing with health :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    A million times younger and glowing with health :-)
    Thank You Stacey.
    Very well done! So good to hear that your health has improved .
    You look amazing and the best part is you feel that way, today! I went from 17 meds before VGS to 4 (plus vitamins)....isn't it just amazing!
    You look fabulous! Happy surgiversary!!!
    How inspiring! You look absolutely beautiful.