Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sealover

4 weeks post op and cleared!

Rate this Entry
Hi Everyone,

I can't believe what a good recovery I've had. I went for my 1 month post op check and the surgeon cleared me for all activities. My incisions have all healed and I feel 100% back to normal and even forget about my smaller stomach at times. My new baby tummy gets hungry about every 2-3 hours and I need to be prepared and have food on hand with me when I am out and about and in work. So I pack the cooler bag with soft foods because most everything I eat needs to be refrigerated at this point. I start regular foods in two weeks. I even had an epiphany recently. I don't HAVE to eat every 2 hours, I can be hungry for a little while until I can get to the cooler bag. It's not going to kill me! I met with the RD for an hour and showed her all my food journals and she tweaked quite a bit of the foods I was eating. Like peas, I thought they were a soft vegetable and she doesn't want me eating starchy vegetables right now. And Outshine popsicles. They say No Added Sugar on the box, not Sugar Free and have juice in them! Duh! I need to read labels better. No wonder why they tasted so darn good. I definitely have not lost my sweet tooth. I've read that people lose their taste buds for certain foods and maybe mine will for rich foods which I haven't tried yet, but for the most part, I still feel like my taste buds like the same things. I am on a chewable chocolate calcium vitamin that is delicious, so its my dessert after lunch and dinner. Win!
I've found that the first week was all about getting over the actual surgery/incisions and anesthesia, the second week was getting back on my feet and the third week was a discovery of how much food I can handle comfortably. Week 4 is about getting into a routine. I started exercising again which feels great. And since I have started that, I am really losing about a pound every day or two. Yay! I just feel so lucky to be where I am and not have any issues post operatively.

Submit "4 weeks post op and cleared!" to Digg Submit "4 weeks post op and cleared!" to del.icio.us Submit "4 weeks post op and cleared!" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 weeks post op and cleared!" to Google

Comments

So happy to read this! My surgery is in 4 days and to read such a great post really helps! Thanks for sharing!
    Well done you. And the best part is that it's only going to get better and better from here on.
    Well done and its great you have done so well. I am almost 4 weeks post op, but I am only seeing my surgeon at 6 weeks post op. I am itching to get back to the gym, but will hang on until I have seen the surgeon. At least I can go walking. I am about to stat the next phase of eating , puree food and am hoping to be organised. Thanks for the tip about taking a cooler bag with food in it. At the moment I am never hungry, so we will see what happens when I start eating as opposed to drinking. Keep going!
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy2
    So happy to read this! My surgery is in 4 days and to read such a great post really helps! Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you, wishing you good thoughts for a quick recovery!
    Quote Originally Posted by elllie
    Well done and its great you have done so well. I am almost 4 weeks post op, but I am only seeing my surgeon at 6 weeks post op. I am itching to get back to the gym, but will hang on until I have seen the surgeon. At least I can go walking. I am about to stat the next phase of eating , puree food and am hoping to be organised. Thanks for the tip about taking a cooler bag with food in it. At the moment I am never hungry, so we will see what happens when I start eating as opposed to drinking. Keep going!
    Thanks Elllie, you will get there, its hard not to rush ahead, but you need to follow your doctors orders to the T for the best outcome. Pureed foods are going to taste so good!
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    Well done you. And the best part is that it's only going to get better and better from here on.
    Yes! The best is yet to be!!!
    Sounds like you are doing really, really well!! That is so great. Just be sure the chewable calcium is citrate and not carbonate. I know that unless it is specifically a bariatric calcium chewable most are carbonate.
    Awesome! You are doing great!
    Yay!!! Glad to hear everything is going well for you!! It will continue to get better and better!!! I’m only 8 weeks post op and I feel great!! I’ve joined a boot camp and love it!! Keep up the awesome work!!!
    You are doing just great. Have to agree on reading the labels on food items. Some of them are very deceiving.
    My poor husband often does the grocery shopping and he reads labels now. I've found any amount of sugar, or high fructose sets me up for dumping -- and my goodness do that put that in a lot of things.

It's great!
    Really need to be trying to eat Whole Foods and support digestion