Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

VSGtheNP

Insurance Requirements....complete!

Rate this Entry
I am so happy to announce all the health insurance requirements are completed. I was especially concerned with the physch evaluation. Initially, I did not want to reveal much of my past. Not because I am ashamed, however, because I believed revealing my past would suggest futher therapy therefore, prolonging the required six months to possibliy eight or twelve months.

Well, I decided to reveal everything, submit a photo timeline of my weight history over the past eighteen years, and just accept the outcome. To my surprise, the psychologist told me I was very well knowledgeable about the surgery and I had a great system in place to relieve stress, boredom, SAD, etc. I am not an emotional or binge eater and all my answers to the 4 - 5 questionnaires were consistent. She completed a few entries and immediately submitted my results and her notes to the insurance coordinator.

All of the aforementioned, last nutrition visit (-13lbs) and psych evaluation, took place 4/24. Today I call the patient navigator just to double check if I had completed everything on my part and the surgeon's requirements. She told me everything appeared to be complete (including the PCP notes with the seventeen issues I submitted to her for discussion). I believe I will need to submit an EKG and cardiac clearance which is not an issue and not required by the insurance company. Also, I want a DEXA scan completed just for my personal records. Now, I just patiently wait for an approval.

I am praying for God's favor because my BMI is 43.1. I have mild sleep apnea, high cholesterol, A1C of 5.2 (close to prediabetes), stress incontinence, and joint pain. (My apology if its TMI)

I will be an empty-nester come August 2018. I want to, no, I WILL live the second half of my life with continued laughter, love, and as a HEALTHY successful nurse.

Thank you all for sharing your journey. I wish every a happy and healthy life.

Submit "Insurance Requirements....complete!" to Digg Submit "Insurance Requirements....complete!" to del.icio.us Submit "Insurance Requirements....complete!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Insurance Requirements....complete!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Fabulous. I am so happy for you. This is your time! Nursing can mess with your weight and burn you out. I've been there. Onward to the future x
    Awesome, Congratulations on completing all the necessary requirements. I'm elated for you! The rest of your days, will be the best of your days!
    Congrats. Hopefully you will get your date really fast. When I got my approval my surgeon's office asked me if I wanted my surgery in 7 days or in 9. I only chose 9 because I had to tell my work when I would be out. LOL. So happy for you. Be prepared for a brand new life. You are going to love it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Fabulous. I am so happy for you. This is your time! Nursing can mess with your weight and burn you out. I've been there. Onward to the future x

Thank you so very much. I most definitely do not want to harm myself or my future patients due to my weight. I will be able to retrieve the crash cart without joint pain and SOB or better yet, not having the medical staff use it on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyWade
    Awesome, Congratulations on completing all the necessary requirements. I'm elated for you! The rest of your days, will be the best of your days!
    Thank you. I love it, "The rest of your days, will be the best of your days!" I am going to enjoy life to the fullest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Congrats. Hopefully you will get your date really fast. When I got my approval my surgeon's office asked me if I wanted my surgery in 7 days or in 9. I only chose 9 because I had to tell my work when I would be out. LOL. So happy for you. Be prepared for a brand new life. You are going to love it!!!
    Seven days!? I hope to receive great news like yours. However, I would be so nervous to have surgery so soon. I know the liquid diet is going to be challenging however, I am prepared. I prayed for a brand new exciting happy life and I can not wait until I start feeling physically better. Carrying this additional weight is too much for this 4'11" body. Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by VSGtheNP
    Seven days!? I hope to receive great news like yours. However, I would be so nervous to have surgery so soon. I know the liquid diet is going to be challenging however, I am prepared. I prayed for a brand new exciting happy life and I can not wait until I start feeling physically better. Carrying this additional weight is too much for this 4'11" body. Thank you very much.
    I am 4'11", too. I get it. I only had to do 6 days of 2 shakes and a meal of lean meat and veggies. Then 3 days of liquids. It wasn't bad. I did get thrush from the liquids. A week post op I had to get my surgeon to prescribe me a swish. Thankfully it went away fast but it was nasty. LOL.
    " I WILL live the second half of my life with continued laughter, love, and as a HEALTHY successful nurse."

All the best to you on your journey to health!