Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Stacey03

6 Month update!

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Time flies right?!
I'm doing my 6 month update about 10 days early because I m going to be super busy from next week.

What can I tell you... I'm a normal weight, I'm running and crossfitting (which I always did, for people that don't know me - I was the super fit fat person). As some of you know I had already lost 40 kilos over the space of a few years and had my sleeve to sort out the rest. I've lost around 26 kilos or a bit more since having the sleeve and have about 2-ish kilos to go to get to goal weight. To be honest though I don't fuss about goal weight, I just know I am feeling a million dollars not dragging that extra 26 kilos out running!

I think you can probably get all the info you need on here about the surgery, the before, the after, all the questions. It has super helpful for me to have these peeps here helping me out. If you do join in and get something out of it then please consider sticking around for the long haul. It is really valuable to have people who are a few years out available to give advice or support. I know life goes on and gawd you don't have to, but it's nice if you do! I hope you do!

My surgery went well...
I was exhausted for 6 weeks, I whinged a bit about that.
I got back to running and gym 8 weeks later.
I still sometimes eat too fast and get toad froth (thanks Annie g :-)
I still sometimes can't believe that I am smaller than I used to be.
I look hot in a little black dress.
I am workin it.
I am grateful.
I don't eat crap food.
I eat seafood mainly.
I cook like a chef.
I told everyone.
I got a great response. I only hang out with the soundest people, try that too, I highly recommend it.
I like to drive my own bus, you should too.
And really it was a very good thing to do. Yup.

I also left clinical work about 18 months ago. I had been in charge of a birth suite for a few years and I wanted to move on to something else. It is really hard to get out of clinical work. There was a lot of soul searching to get to that point. I think some of my moments may not have been my 'finest' when I was working that out. So anyway, I went back to university and did some odd clinical shifts on the side, caught a few babies, thought about everything.

I think I e-mailed everyone in the world, had many coffees and many chats. I sat on the floor of the shower a lot (while I was in it, not just randomly), thinking 'What if I do all this study and never get a job, maybe I should just do a PhD, don't be stupid that would be shithouse, who even are you, you are not even a boss anymore, shutuppa your whole face'... it went like that.

Well to those people in transitional times I say..... STAY WITH IT. It is really easy to run back to what you know, what is familiar. It's scary to take a chance. It is a bit like food and habits too see.... you could run back to the comfort eating and shamoz easily innit. Don't do it. I just scored myself an amazing job working in Public Health, with Indigenous women here in Australia. I would need a pot of tea with you to tell you actually how amazing this program and job is. I am also as a bonus going to be earning more for 4 days work than I used to earn in charge of a birth suite full time, and I won't have any shifts because its not clinical. I can stay with the organisation for the long term future and move onto more projects and I can still have time for uni and my Public Health MBA.

This just kind of fell in my lap once I had decided to just let it all go and see what happened in life.

Six months in there has been more changes than my weight. I think that is important to note. Your weight is not your worth. You are worthy.

It is always wise to keep on nodding terms with the people you used to be though :-)

XXXX

Submit "6 Month update!" to Digg Submit "6 Month update!" to del.icio.us Submit "6 Month update!" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 Month update!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Stacey, thank you for sharing! We are indeed worthy of good health, self care and kindness!
    Congratulations Stacey! That's for sharing your 6 month update!!
    Oh I love every bit of this! So, so happy for you. And so glad you will be able to use all your talents to help even more people. So very glad to have you as a virtual sleeve sister!
    Way to go!! Sounds like life is very much in order for you and very happy to hear that. It is an amazing journey isn't is and we've only just begun! Nicely done and we look forward to more posts!
    So very happy for you!! I enjoyed reading this and congratulations �� from Texas <3
    You go girl! What a fabulous post. How wonderful that you are right where you want to be. If we were closer I'd love to have that pot of tea with you and hear all about your new job. It sounds wonderful. From your posts I can tell that you are the perfect person for this.

I too have learnt a lot from this forum and really love that there are people who are willing to continue sharing their experiences as the months and years progress. Long may it continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    You go girl! What a fabulous post. How wonderful that you are right where you want to be. If we were closer I'd love to have that pot of tea with you and hear all about your new job. It sounds wonderful. From your posts I can tell that you are the perfect person for this.

I too have learnt a lot from this forum and really love that there are people who are willing to continue sharing their experiences as the months and years progress. Long may it continue.
    Oh wahhhh I'd love the pot of tea with you x
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    Stacey, thank you for sharing! We are indeed worthy of good health, self care and kindness!
    We are indeed dear Annie x
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyWade
    Congratulations Stacey! That's for sharing your 6 month update!!
    Thanks Ms Sassy! Sounds like you are doing amazing yourself :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHB
    Oh I love every bit of this! So, so happy for you. And so glad you will be able to use all your talents to help even more people. So very glad to have you as a virtual sleeve sister!
    Ditto! And I'm looking forward to wedding pics :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hookydad
    Way to go!! Sounds like life is very much in order for you and very happy to hear that. It is an amazing journey isn't is and we've only just begun! Nicely done and we look forward to more posts!
    It's a wonderful journey and you Sir are looking very spunky! You must feel a million dollars :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryPG
    So very happy for you!! I enjoyed reading this and congratulations 🎊 from Texas <3
    Thanks lovely Kerry. I've never been to Texas or America in fact. I need to come!
    If you come to the US, you must come to NC -- my husband loves picking people up at the airport (CLT or RDU) and we have a lovely guest room -- and two small dogs <3
    You are amazing Edie! You have come so far!!!!! So incredibly proud of you. I'm very blessed to know you!
    If you come to the US, you must come to NC -- my husband loves picking people up at the airport (CLT or RDU) and we have a lovely guest room -- and two small dogs <3
    Ohhhh lovely! Im keen on doggies! And you of course! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv49ers19
    You are amazing Edie! You have come so far!!!!! So incredibly proud of you. I'm very blessed to know you!
    Nawwww thanks lovely and ditto!!!!! x
    As always, doing my happy dance to celebrate the amazing that is you Gwen! You are just rocking the sleeve, the life, and most of all the attitude!! You are the total package. A true sleeve bad ass!! XOXOXOXOXO
    Loved the blog.. enjoyed every bit of it.. helps a lot especially when you are in one of those days and has been sulking the whole day.. Good luck and keep going !! you are definitely an inspiration.stay healthy and keep writing..
    Hugs..
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    As always, doing my happy dance to celebrate the amazing that is you Gwen! You are just rocking the sleeve, the life, and most of all the attitude!! You are the total package. A true sleeve bad ass!! XOXOXOXOXO
    HAHA DITTO!!!!!!!! XXX
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio1976
    Loved the blog.. enjoyed every bit of it.. helps a lot especially when you are in one of those days and has been sulking the whole day.. Good luck and keep going !! you are definitely an inspiration.stay healthy and keep writing..
    Hugs..
    Boooo to the sulky day Scorpio! I am really good at sulking sometimes, catch me on a week of pre menstrual syndrome and I am the actual sulk face!!!!! Big love xxxx
    Congrats, this is awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealover
    Congrats, this is awesome!!!
    Thanks lovey :-)
    Just read all your updates! Truly inspiring- not just the weight loss -but you’re absolutely fantastic attitude.
    Life is good, and you seem to be entering a wonderful chapter�� Who knows where this will take you!
    Where are you at AnnieG, Tell me how you eat with the family..???
    My cousin tries to mess me up.....She is in Hickory...I am from Morganton...
    Got any advise...on how to eat with them????
    I am scare to go home she'll make me get off my eating regiment...
    NCME