Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JLPSch

Live Like a Squirrel

Rate this Entry
Today I watched a squirrel in my yard and realized it was the perfect analogy to how I need to change: be confident in yourself even when you're not sure. Here's my latest story in my weight loss journey on my blog:

https://downthescale.com/2018/04/24/...ke-a-squirrel/

Best wishes,
Jen

Submit "Live Like a Squirrel" to Digg Submit "Live Like a Squirrel" to del.icio.us Submit "Live Like a Squirrel" to StumbleUpon Submit "Live Like a Squirrel" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

As always Jen, beautifully worded. You are totally spot on. You totally HAVE to listen to your body. When you push it even though you need a break you can end up hurting yourself. I think the greatest thing about this journey to me was that I have become more in tune with my bodies needs. Interestingly to me, when everyone else was given a time frame to start working out post op my surgeon told me to listen to my body. I say kudos. And I feel your pain on that desire to be rigid. I have had to learn to let go....damn type A personalities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    As always Jen, beautifully worded. You are totally spot on. You totally HAVE to listen to your body. When you push it even though you need a break you can end up hurting yourself. I think the greatest thing about this journey to me was that I have become more in tune with my bodies needs. Interestingly to me, when everyone else was given a time frame to start working out post op my surgeon told me to listen to my body. I say kudos. And I feel your pain on that desire to be rigid. I have had to learn to let go....damn type A personalities.

Thank you for your kind words and for understanding! I'm with you; I'm much more in tune with body than I ever was before surgery. I know it's best to listen to my body, but as someone who is a planner, it's hard to deviate!
    Hahaha. The curse of the Type A's!