Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

loren2

Water consumption

Rate this Entry
I was told to consume 64oz. of water per day. Do you think other liquids such as protein drinks count toward that?

Submit "Water consumption" to Digg Submit "Water consumption" to del.icio.us Submit "Water consumption" to StumbleUpon Submit "Water consumption" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My nutritionist says the 64 ounces of liquid must be hydrating fluids with no caffeine and less than 15 calories per serving. Of I drink 2 large Smart Waters a day I hit that goal. I mix it with Crystal Light and sometime add a scoop of unflavored protein powder. It's a win/win to hit fluid goal and protein goal. Hope this helps.
    Yes, protein drinks count toward that total. Any liquids. I even counted my one cup of coffee a day.
    I still struggle with my water intake. I literally have to force myself to drink my fluids. My commute to work is about 45 minutes so I try to drink a bottle of water each way, coming and going. Plus, while at work I sipping on water as well as premier clear protein (very sweet to me) to try get in my fluid with protein. Another great thing I drink is Syntrax Nectar.
    My dr & nutritionist said shakes count as liquid; I add the Premier shakes as sraebaer shared with us, to my coffee or tea (decaf) and that helps and counts as liquid.

Also make up cucumber or orange water (you know slices in water in the frig).
    any liquid counts as water intake, but you also need just water. I too struggle with drinking the required amount of water. I have a protein shake in the morning, a 1/2 litre of water with my vitamins in it, which can take me all day to drink and then my soups. I think when all you are having are liquids its difficult to know. I check my urine output and colour to check if i am dehydrated or not. Just keep at it.
    All liquids count according to my surgeon's office. Hydration is key.
    Thanks to all of you for your input. It makes me feel better that I am on the right track.
    Hydration is a must! I am still trying to get creative with how I get all of my fluids. My doc says hydration OVER food. My latest thing is a water dispenser that I put different fruit in everyday. Today's blend is strawberries and blueberries. It helps me meet my water goals which I do struggle with. Best of luck to you! P.S. Great idea to check your urine color.
    I counted everything I drank.