Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

TheSassWay

Old Slacks, Yay!!!

Rate this Entry
Good Morning.

This morning I was able to get into an old pair of work slacks that I haven’t worn in a year, great thing didn’t clean out my closet. Mainly because I knew I was getting sleeved so I held off. There wasn’t a struggle, didn’t have to suck in my stomach, and I can sit down in them comfortably with a little extra room to spare. Surgery was was about 7 weeks ago and I’m down 34 pounds!! I had to hide my scales because I was weighing every day!!

Submit "Old Slacks, Yay!!!" to Digg Submit "Old Slacks, Yay!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Old Slacks, Yay!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Old Slacks, Yay!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well done, you are doing great! I weigh myself everyday morning and night and I do despair, as since I have been home I have only lost 1kg. I feel as if I am living in liquids for no reason. I expected the weight loss to be faster during this stage and slow down when I start eating proper foods. I do feel bloated from all the drinking, perhaps that is the reason. Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by elllie
    Well done, you are doing great! I weigh myself everyday morning and night and I do despair, as since I have been home I have only lost 1kg. I feel as if I am living in liquids for no reason. I expected the weight loss to be faster during this stage and slow down when I start eating proper foods. I do feel bloated from all the drinking, perhaps that is the reason. Keep up the good work!
    Please hide your scale, it does more harm than good. I used to do the same as you, twice daily! I got very discouraged when those numbers on the scale wasn't going down like I thought they would. I was concern and talked with my doctor. He assured me that things will change. Our bodies have to adjust first and then the fat will began to melt away. That's how it's happening for me. Now, I weigh once a week and go by the way my clothes fit. Stay encourage because you will begin to see the results you're expecting just continue to do what you know to do. Bloated? I've never experienced that but I hope the bloat goes away quickly.

Thank you!
    Wonderful progress and what a benchmark day! I weigh on Monday morning, and do my measurements because when I don't lose lbs, I lose inches.

I get bloated (used to before sleeve) from white carbs of any kind, except cauliflower, lol. Also salt content of stuff. It's a juggling act for each of us some days, but you sound like you are doing marvelously! Well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    Wonderful progress and what a benchmark day! I weigh on Monday morning, and do my measurements because when I don't lose lbs, I lose inches.

I get bloated (used to before sleeve) from white carbs of any kind, except cauliflower, lol. Also salt content of stuff. It's a juggling act for each of us some days, but you sound like you are doing marvelously! Well done!
    Thank you!!! Truly a benchmark day, I was reaching for my old faithful black slacks. That’s when I realized laundry/cleaners hadn’t been completed!! I was taking a risk with these and was glad about it!! I forgot all about taking measurements, I will start that today.

Yes, it’s true juggling act for sure!! If we remain consistent we all will reach our goal. One thing I do know if post op, my new system doesn’t tolerate potatoes!!! Cauiflower is my new best friend.....the cauliflower bbq wings are my favorites.
    Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing very well! I am about 6 weeks post op and am down 30 lbs, so it sounds like I'm on the same track you are. I wish I would've started measurements earlier, as I think it makes a bigger difference than the scale. I am very happy for you!! Keep finding those smaller pants!
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky1211
    Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing very well! I am about 6 weeks post op and am down 30 lbs, so it sounds like I'm on the same track you are. I wish I would've started measurements earlier, as I think it makes a bigger difference than the scale. I am very happy for you!! Keep finding those smaller pants!

YAY BECKY!!! Congratulations are in order for you as well, keep up the great work!! I didn't think of measurements until AnnieG mention it! It's never too late to start, I'm starting today!! Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow morning to get those measurements. Yes, I've been hearing it does. I'm just as happy for you as you are for me! Hahaha, thanks I'll most certainly continue looking for smaller pants!!
    Isn't that such a great feeling? To see the change in your body. I hoarded sizes in my garage of where I hoped I'd lose weight but never did. I bought very little during the weight loss process and only really needed to buy stuff in the very end. And I went to thrift stores to minimize expenses until I was done losing. Now I love to shop.