Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

NJ_queenpinkzee83

Any Vegitarians Sleevers.....

Rate this Entry
Hello I have recently adopted a new eating lifestyle of vegetarian/pescatarian(only seafood)... is there anyone else on here that share the same eating habits? How do you get the necessary protein and nutrients needed after surgery...besides beans??? Any recipe suggestions???

Submit "Any Vegitarians Sleevers....." to Digg Submit "Any Vegitarians Sleevers....." to del.icio.us Submit "Any Vegitarians Sleevers....." to StumbleUpon Submit "Any Vegitarians Sleevers....." to Google

Tags: diet Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It is difficult for any sleever to get the required nutrition in. It will be a little harder for you to meet your protein goals. Besides fish you can have protein shakes, nuts, cheese, beans, milk (Fa!rlife milk has extra protein and is lactose free), seeds (like sunflower or pumpkin), tofu etc.
    I could eat fish everyday, and I'm not a vegetarian. So many options out there! Fish, shrimp, scallops, yum! Ceviche or ahi tuna are restaurant favorites.

Do you eat eggs? Two eggs are my go-to breakfast.
    My hubby and I changed to vegetarian/pescatarian in February after watching the Netflix movie "What the Health". I am 1 month post op and just started putting seafood back into my diet. So far scallops and shrimp have been great. I drink and like the Premier Protein shakes. We LOVE fish so we could eat fish every day which works out great. We are also located in an area where we can get fresh fish easily. We eat eggs so that works for us. Lots of good tex-mex and mexican restaurants here as well so we get plenty of beans. We are going to try bean and cheese tamales this week. We also use Fairlife milk. I'm not to the point where I can have seeds or nuts yet but before the procedure I always put those in our salads. Amazon also has several great cookbooks and I do internet searches for recipes. Best of luck to you!