Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kewany

Going Back to work?

Rate this Entry
Go back to Work,

After how long can I go back to work post op?

Also Can I travel 2 week post op?

Thanks

Submit "Going Back to work?" to Digg Submit "Going Back to work?" to del.icio.us Submit "Going Back to work?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Going Back to work?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Depends on your surgeon. Mine said 2 weeks off was fine - I have a desk job. But you are still recovering so should still take it easy for the first 6 weeks.
    I took six weeks - for the simple fact that I was so fatigued.... it took me that long to adjust to taking in less calories.

I have read that some people go back within days.... hats off to them!!
    Many thanks any more advises
    I took two weeks and it was perfect. The first week I basically slept, second week adjusted to my new lifestyle. I am a teacher.

Probably depends on your size and health. I think I was a pretty healthy fat person, walked all the time even before surgery.
    I have a desk job and went back to work a week later with no issues. You can travel but if you fly I would suggest compression garments to avoid possible embolism.
    It all depends on the type of work you do will determine when to return to work. I work in corporate america (desk job), I return within the week, with no issue.
    I was ready to go back at the end of my second week and did on Friday, glad I had the weekend cause I was tired. Today, starting my third week post op, I was super busy at work and I would say I am at 90% recovered. Tired again, but then again I remember being tired 6 weeks ago! First week was recover from surgery, second week is getting the hang of eating and what your stomach can handle, when you are full, figuring out your signals. Third week seems to be getting into some kind of routine with work and life. Its all new but very exciting!
    I had my first week checkup one week after the surgery, then returned to work for two days before a holiday struck. During those two days, I worked four hours one day, and six the second. And on the holiday I slept. I think I may have cut it a bit short taking only one full week (Tuesday to the following Tuesday), but politically felt I needed to show the flag in my role. I will say that I did not check emails during that week off, and basically told folks they could call me if the world was facing imminent collapse, otherwise do not disturb.

My work is all office work, so it is a bit more protected since I have my own office, fridge, and can do remote access in a crisis. I think the biggest issue for me that first week was total exhaustion, including sleeping up to 16 - 18 hours a day the first few days home. Once I could start getting protein in, most of that fell away so by week three I was feeling relatively ok.
    I own my own company so I was back to "work" the next morning on my laptop after my surgery once I got to my private hotel room after spending the nite in the recovery hotel. I flew back home on Saturday after having the surgery on a Thursday and drove home from the airport. Was back onsite with a client on Monday morning no biggie.
    Retired. But back to volunteer work about week 3, with a bit of going to bed earyl.