Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kewany

Next week operation

Rate this Entry
Hi Every one, I am planning to have my operation next week and I am worried abut the 1st and 2nd post op.

Any advise regarding the 1st week fluid as well as the 2nd week semi solid food?

I need your support .

Thanks

Submit "Next week operation" to Digg Submit "Next week operation" to del.icio.us Submit "Next week operation" to StumbleUpon Submit "Next week operation" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am 4 weeks post op as of this past Tuesday; do not worry about the diet at all. You really will not feel hungry. Make sure to pick up some ice pops and have them frozen. I found a really good protein shake called Premium Protein that has a lot of vitamins included however I also added a liquid multivitamin to my daily. As for semi solids, I have really just started testing different things and found my go to is the chilli from Wendy’s blended to baby food consistency. One large chili lasts at least three meals and some days feels like a weight in my stomach. A 2.6 oz packet of tuna fish is still difficult and can feel like a weight some days. Keep in mind any medications need to be crushed (they don’t good). Just remember that you are making a change to your body and You need to make sure you have your mind on the same page. My mind tells me I am hungry when I’m not. Hope you find this helpful. Best of luck.

Jessica
    The first week is a struggle. You won't want much. You have to remind yourself to keep sipping. Week one is all about attempting to hit your protein and fluid goals. It is hard to do. I did better with warm, hot, or room temperature fluids post op. Cold fluids hurt my belly. Week two is easier. You are only eating stuff like Oikos Triple Zero Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, refried beans, scrambled eggs, etc. You will only be able to eat a few tablespoons. Eat too much or too fast and you will regret it. Belly is very delicate for a few weeks. In the beginning when you feel hunger pangs it is most likely just acid reflux in disguise. Most people need to take some type of daily pill such as Prilosec or the like. Your doctor can prescribe one. You got this. One day at a time.
    I agree with the above you won't feel too hungry and you will feel like sipping your water and protein shakes is your job! I found like Christie that warm drinks were easier and drank a lot of reship and hibiscus and pomegranate tea. In fact I would advise you take some with you to the hospital, I wish I had, I had to keep sweet talking the kitchen staff to give me more! Once you move onto soft food you will be amazed at how full you are in a couple of teaspoons!! Good luck and don't worry, you will do great :-)
    Protein shakes count as water and protein -- I found ginger/lemon tea (no caffeine) and it was soothing and comforting. And "head" hunger is a thing...but you'll feel full with a small bite. I used baby spoons (from the $ store) so I took tiny bites. Oh, and chicken bone broth (Amazon has it) has protein -- they were good, except the lemon grass chicken seasoning one -- but I don't like much lemon in anything <3
    The first week is a major struggle! Wonton Soup broth and sugar free popsicles gave me life! Sip sip sip your water. This is where I almost broke down crying because pre surgery I drink a gallon of water daily, post surgery I could barely finish a 16.9 oz bottle a day. The second week was a little better, yogurt and scrambled eggs were my best friends. You’re not going to be able finish one egg, one to two bites and your are full same with the yogurt. I pack a bottle with me wherever I went to remind myself to sip. Because the number one reason for readmission into the hospital is dehydration!!! I sooooo agree AnnieG, “head” hunger is real......I had to tell myself you are not hungry! We mostly associate being hungry with time versus really being hungry!!!
    No struggle for me, just did as told. I had a fluid and protein limit to reach each day, and it wasn't any big deal. I kept a journal. I wasn't at all hungry, so didn't care that I was basically living on protein shakes. By week three I could start soft food. Then each week new foods were added until I was cleared for all foods by 6 weeks. I thought it was fun, enjoyed shopping for new foods that I could start each Monday.

So stop worrying and get ready for the best year of your life! I think on these boards you hear more of the people complaining about how hard it is, and less of the people who just breeze right through it with a positive attitude. ME! I will tell you it was easy. (Now I was blessed to have zero complications, so if you did, don't yell at me.)