Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Bleeve

recovery in one week

Rate this Entry
Hey all... in one week, I'll be in recovery. pre op is like a spiritual fast.. but, i do feel really empty and the nerves makes ya want to emo-munch. Won't do that, but I feel that addiction kicking in.

Trying to lose as much as possible before surgery.. did anyone else do that? does it make a big difference in personal results?

Please, send good vibes.. I'm glad I found this group.. lot's of wisdom here. Help me thru this week! Surgery on Tuesday April 24.

Submit "recovery in one week" to Digg Submit "recovery in one week" to del.icio.us Submit "recovery in one week" to StumbleUpon Submit "recovery in one week" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi. I start my pre-op diet next month. I am worried about that phase as well. I don't have advice as I have not gone through it yet. I just wanted to stop by and wish you tons of good wishes! And a speedy recovery.
    Changing your eating habits pre op is what will help you post op. Losing the extra weight can't hurt. I would suggest maybe trying to focus on eating slow and not drinking with your meals. Post op you will have to space drinking 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after. I wish you a great surgery and a speedy recovery.
    So excited for you sleeve. christie is right it is a good time to practice slowing down and not drinking 30 ins before and 30 mins after meals. Are you on protein shakes now for your pre op or are you allowed to eat a meal? This time actually passes really quickly and I used it to tidy my whole house and sort out my wardrobe and make a broth and a soup for tiny portions in the freezer. Get yourself busy and you will get through it, do all the jobs you have been putting off like sorting through drawers etc. it's probably a good time to decorate!!! Good luck to you :-)
    The more weight you loose now, the moore your liver shrinks.
    That makes it easier for the surgean to do the surgery.
    That is why pre op diets are given.
    Not for just loosing a couple of pounds, that will happen soon enough after surgery.

Good luck!
    And that's why I love this forum... you guys are spot on!!! I'm staying busy and happily going about my chores as suggested.. ya know, I actually LIKE HEALTHY FOOD.. its the slowing down part.. practice now..Stacy.. i'm gonna make that soup.. freeze it.. what a great idea! smart comrades in sleevery... hahaha.. sweet.. thank you all for the good wishes.. stay close.. I leave for MX on Monday! brenda b Leeve
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeve
    And that's why I love this forum... you guys are spot on!!! I'm staying busy and happily going about my chores as suggested.. ya know, I actually LIKE HEALTHY FOOD.. its the slowing down part.. practice now..Stacy.. i'm gonna make that soup.. freeze it.. what a great idea! smart comrades in sleevery... hahaha.. sweet.. thank you all for the good wishes.. stay close.. I leave for MX on Monday! brenda b Leeve
    Onya! It will be here before you know it! I loved healthy food too, just probs a bit too much :-)
    You've gotten some wonderful advice! I made my own chicken broth, and froze it in icecube trays, and then put in plastic bag in the freezer. Then just popped two in the microwave.

If you can find a recipe for "bone broth" chicken (which is no more trouble than regular) it has more protein.

And if you can, practice the tiny bites, chewing and putting your fork down between bites. I still have a hard time eating slowly, and boy does my sleeve let me know!

Well done!
    Hi everyone! Day two since surgery. Getting released in the morning.
    Long journey home 2.5 drive .. then 3 hour flight Friday eve. I’ll be happy to be home.
    It’s slow going but a little better each day. Need lots of rest.
    Water going in pretty well. Light headache. Just checking in
    Sleepy time bed now. Btw I was so confident until right before
    Going under. Someone next to me was crying too.
    We didn’t know why. I was very hard to awaken after. Went 3 hours passed usual time.
    Congrats on your surgery. You are well on your way now.

Please be kind to yourself. Take things easy. Sip, sip, sip that water and walk as much as you can.
    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Good luck to you. As of this writing you have been sleeved. I was sleeved just a few days prior to you. In my experience the mind plays hunger games with you both before and after, just deal with it the best you can and tell yourself you cannot eat.

The water intake will work itself out. Each day you will notice a slight change and slowly will be able to drink more and feel fine. I think we have all heard so much info prior to our surgery we almost get kind of afraid to drink to much for the fear of causing damage to the sleeve. You will also notice changes each day where you start to feel better as well. Just take it easy and do not push yourself, let your body heal properly at first so you do not have any setbacks along your journey. Best of luck!!