Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

scorpio1976

A little Worried.. :(

Rate this Entry
Good Day all..

I have not written for a while though i have been checking the forum frequently..
I have been travelling extensively on work and it has worn me out.. I have finished my 9 weeks of diet and now regular diet.

I have still not been able to have any non-veg food till date after my surgery end Jan '18. I somehow dont like the taste anymore. sounds weird eh ?

My biggest guilt is also that i have not been able to go for my walks as by the time i finish work and get home and attend to the kids am famished and just want to hit the bed. During the office hours am on my feet and running around.

I would like to know from you all dear friends if I will stop losing weight just cos I am not regular on my exercise routine... I feel that after all this i have been through to lose weight I may just let go because of my work schedule..

I know I have to change my lifestyle and work out no matter what... I will and working towards it.. but some words of encouragement should do the trick.
weight loss of 19 Kgs (41 pounds) is good enough in 69 days right.. ?

Looking forward to hearing from you all..

Have a super duper day ahead..

Submit "A little Worried..  :(" to Digg Submit "A little Worried..  :(" to del.icio.us Submit "A little Worried..  :(" to StumbleUpon Submit "A little Worried..  :(" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Scorpio, You're doing pretty good.Yes you will still lose weight. Loosing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise. You are going to lose weight anyway.
    Exercise is for other reasons, like making your body look a hell of a lot better when you are loosing the weight, mental health, good habits, peachy skin etc. It is so worth doing for all those reasons but I wouldn't get too down on yourself at the moment, just do the best you can. sometimes when you take the pressure off you manage more. 100 steps after dinner is a good starting goal, just up and down the street. I used to do that and once I saw an owl so its really worth it ;-)
    Also it is so common to be really tired at this stage. give yourself a break. You are doing the best you can and it can only get better right :-)
    Oh and also in terms of what you need now if there is a choice I would go with strength training over cardio. You can do body weight exercises at home... like these if can manage some of them https://greatist.com/fitness/50-body...an-do-anywhere
    I agree with Stacey03--you can do small weights & stretch band to tone and tighten, while interacting with family or watching TV. It's the little adjustments!

I've not started exercising again (other than my step goals, which I meet daily). I'm 65 turning 66 and just getting good energy back in!

Be kind to yourself. Sometimes you have to do something (bubble bath, pedicure, book...) for your soul!
    You have already been given great advice above. You can lose without exercise but to have the body you really want you will need to add some exercise. Especially to avoid tons of loose skin. If you are walking and on your feet all day at work I think you just need to find a small strength routine to do at home. You could totally do it in 20-30 mins 3-4 days a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Oh and also in terms of what you need now if there is a choice I would go with strength training over cardio. You can do body weight exercises at home... like these if can manage some of them https://greatist.com/fitness/50-body...an-do-anywhere
    Thank you so much.. this forum has been the biggest help for me in this weight loss journey.... i am onboard the flight on my next work travel but i have promised myself this time around i will spare atleast half an hour to hit the gym on the treadmill ..
    infact I stay in Dubai and Gastric sleeve or Bypass surgery is not a very talked about subject here.. or atleast people dont reveal that theyve been through this process (just like me) but today we have this huge middle page article on the newspaper about the benefits of the surgery and why every obese person should do this (provided health conditions permit) to lead a better and healthier lifestyle.. this procedure has been one of the best decisions i have made in my life and trust me i owe all of you good friends here the credit too as i have been reading the blogs and the forums days before the procedure..

Once again.. thank you and hoping all of us a healthy life ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    I agree with Stacey03--you can do small weights & stretch band to tone and tighten, while interacting with family or watching TV. It's the little adjustments!

I've not started exercising again (other than my step goals, which I meet daily). I'm 65 turning 66 and just getting good energy back in!

Be kind to yourself. Sometimes you have to do something (bubble bath, pedicure, book...) for your soul!

Thank you so much.. Am looking forward to a trimmer and much happier person in ME.. i think the biggest positive was when i decided to go ahead with the surgery.. i have also started trying to walk more within the house after my meal.. it is a necessity too to get my food down the food pipe or i feel like its stuck in my throat..

Have to find more "ME TIME" and enjoy the fine pleasures of life.. need to spoil myself a little more..

Appreciate your time taken to bring relief to my concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    You have already been given great advice above. You can lose without exercise but to have the body you really want you will need to add some exercise. Especially to avoid tons of loose skin. If you are walking and on your feet all day at work I think you just need to find a small strength routine to do at home. You could totally do it in 20-30 mins 3-4 days a week.

Thank you so much.. noted !! you all friends here are a total inspiration .. i feel sometimes a little bit of a push when your down and in doubt helps you a lot.. i have now started focussing to move around more even if its during my time at home, work or even in the airports.. Dubai Airport is a city by itself

You are right.. i want to lose more weight but then also dont want sagging skin.. so as you rightly mentioned some toning exercise and a bit of stretching and workout should help me look more fit.. shall follow your guidance.

Once again and keep sending those positive vibes
    I've started getting up early and doing the Leslie Sansone Miracle Mile walk. In addition to cardio she uses bands to do strength training at the same time. In half an hour you can get both.(She has programs for 1-5 miles, so you can do what you have time for each day.) For me, at least, I stall out without exercise. And I also travel quite a bit so I can pack my band and watch the workout on my computer. The great thing is I can do it any time of day so can fit it in to my schedule.
    scorpio1976, you're doing great and although exercise is important it's not the most important thing. The only exercise I did during my weight loss phase was walking. I traveled for work 75 - 80 percent of the time during my first two years of surgery. All hotels had a treadmill sometimes I just didn't want to go there so I would walk in place in my room, much like DHB mentioned using the Leslie Sansone videos'. I would sneak in extra steps by walking in place while brushing my teeth (2 minutes, 200 steps), walk in place while waiting for the microwave to go off etc. At work I would go the long way around to the ladies room and park as far as possible from the building then walk the parking lot once before getting in my car. Every little bit does help, as the doctor said to me any movement is better than no movement. By the way I was a slow loser, 16 months to lose 103 pounds. I never gave up even when the loss was in the ounces. Again, you are doing great, stay positive and focused on your goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHB
    I've started getting up early and doing the Leslie Sansone Miracle Mile walk. In addition to cardio she uses bands to do strength training at the same time. In half an hour you can get both.(She has programs for 1-5 miles, so you can do what you have time for each day.) For me, at least, I stall out without exercise. And I also travel quite a bit so I can pack my band and watch the workout on my computer. The great thing is I can do it any time of day so can fit it in to my schedule.
    Thank you DHB.. I have actually started doing the same. I try to move around a lot during work. I still need to walk after a meal to have a proper digestion. It’s working well for me. Now that I have the answers from good friends like you from this forum am a lot more calmer and looking forward to losing more weight in the coming days. This doesn’t mean I do no workout at all but I’ve started putting genuine effort to move around much more 😊.
    Thank you so much and enjoy your journey. Good luck !!
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowjoy
    scorpio1976, you're doing great and although exercise is important it's not the most important thing. The only exercise I did during my weight loss phase was walking. I traveled for work 75 - 80 percent of the time during my first two years of surgery. All hotels had a treadmill sometimes I just didn't want to go there so I would walk in place in my room, much like DHB mentioned using the Leslie Sansone videos'. I would sneak in extra steps by walking in place while brushing my teeth (2 minutes, 200 steps), walk in place while waiting for the microwave to go off etc. At work I would go the long way around to the ladies room and park as far as possible from the building then walk the parking lot once before getting in my car. Every little bit does help, as the doctor said to me any movement is better than no movement. By the way I was a slow loser, 16 months to lose 103 pounds. I never gave up even when the loss was in the ounces. Again, you are doing great, stay positive and focused on your goal.

Awesome !!! Happy to note these points. It’s helping. I’ve been taking long walks at the airport. Taking steps more than the elevators and when in town preferring to go on long walks with the boys. As you rightly mentioned these small small changes increase in number of steps add up.
    I have also realized that with this surgery I have become a lot more calmer and peaceful. My family was the first to notice as I wasn’t yelling or getting worked up as much as before and was more cheerful. Guess I am really happy that I’ve finally done something for myself. Loving every bit of my life now.
    Thanks once again. Appreciate your support. Good luck !!