Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KerryPG

Second Follow Up Visit Today

Rate this Entry
Good news - I am a little ahead of where my doctor thought I would be at this point.
Bad news - He prepared me for stalls and plateaus :-( Hide the scale, measure myself and go by how my clothes fit.

Good news - I am allowed to eat soft solid food. I am looking forward to chewing again.
Bad news - My stomach isn't quite ready yet. So I will continue to primarily eat pureed and liquid foods while very slowly introducing solids.

Good news - I am released to full exercise. I have a pair of inline skates that I am dying to try and I am anxious to reintroduce myself to the weight rack and lifting machines at the gym.

Good news - My darling husband is planning a trip for us for this summer. We haven't been anywhere since July 2017. We usually travel 3 -4 times a year. We rescued a puppy last July. So we made the decision not to travel until he is a year old. He just turned 1!

There are 156 days until my birthday. I am trying not to put TOO much pressure on myself to be at my goal weight by then. Although, I would do cart wheels if I were. So I will continue to do something every day to achieve my goal.

We are about to have a couple of big (read: stressful) changes to our household. We knew this day was coming so we have been preparing for it as best we can. Our oldest son will be 22 years old next month. His mother (who he primarily lives with) is moving out of state in a couple weeks and he will be moving in with us. We laid out some goals for him that he was to achieve before he moved in and he is a ways away from hitting those goals. Additionally, our oldest daughter, is 18 and will be moving out of state with her mother (who she primarily lives with). She will actually be moving in with her grandmother while her mother moves in with her sister (90 mins a part). We have two kids that primarily live with us. A boy, (17 years in a couple weeks) and a girl, 15 years old. My husband and I are a blended family. Two from my first marriage and two from his first marriage. They are all "Ours". I typically do not use the term "step". But for clarity, at times, when writing, I do. Probably TMI... Clear as mud? Great!! :-)

So... I plan on using the gym as my sanctuary. I will stay steadfast in MY goals. I am just finding myself again and I do not want to fall to the bottom of my list of priorities. I will keep practicing Self-Care and not fall back into old habits. I think that last sentence will be my daily affirmation. :-)

Today is a beautiful day in Dallas. It is sunny with a high of 66 degrees and I am going to go out and enjoy it. I hope wherever you all are that you are living this day the best way you can.

Happy Hump Day Y'all

Submit "Second Follow Up Visit Today" to Digg Submit "Second Follow Up Visit Today" to del.icio.us Submit "Second Follow Up Visit Today" to StumbleUpon Submit "Second Follow Up Visit Today" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Kerry, that sounds wonderful! You're making great progress, and have a good plan in place. It's been wonderful weather in this part of the country, hope you can get out and enjoy it before the summer heat hits! Best wishes!
    You sound right on track Kerry. It's going to be a time of adjustments but I'm sure you will be on top of it and the gym will help! 26 degrees here in Queensland and sunny but not too humid yayyy! I might pop out for a run and enjoy the day too :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMo
    Kerry, that sounds wonderful! You're making great progress, and have a good plan in place. It's been wonderful weather in this part of the country, hope you can get out and enjoy it before the summer heat hits! Best wishes!
    Aaahhhh yes, the summers. I lived in Arizona until I was 16 years old. I remember well what that heat is like. Dry heat is still HOT. Texas is almost as hot. I can manage the heat. It's the mosquitoes that eat me up that I could live without!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    You sound right on track Kerry. It's going to be a time of adjustments but I'm sure you will be on top of it and the gym will help! 26 degrees here in Queensland and sunny but not too humid yayyy! I might pop out for a run and enjoy the day too :-)

I am determined to travel to Australia one day. It looks SO beautiful. We are tennis players and it would be a dream to attend the Australian Open. <3 <3
    Sounds like you are doing great! I totally get your blended family. I also have 4...2 from my first marriage and 2 from his. My oldest (20 M) is away at college so now lives with his father. My youngest (16 F) is with us full time. My two steps live with their mother but spend 1-3 nights a week with us. (14 M, 12 F) I don't use the terms step either unless I am really trying to clarify something. LOL. I always say I have 4 kids...because I do. I think I only usually clarify when something comes up regarding their mother or that they don't live with us full time. If that makes sense. And...to you I am sure it does. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Sounds like you are doing great! I totally get your blended family. I also have 4...2 from my first marriage and 2 from his. My oldest (20 M) is away at college so now lives with his father. My youngest (16 F) is with us full time. My two steps live with their mother but spend 1-3 nights a week with us. (14 M, 12 F) I don't use the terms step either unless I am really trying to clarify something. LOL. I always say I have 4 kids...because I do. I think I only usually clarify when something comes up regarding their mother or that they don't live with us full time. If that makes sense. And...to you I am sure it does. LOL.
    It can get quite confusing for schools too! Since my ex-husband remarried and acquired two (step) kids and we are all in the same school district with 3 in the same school, it can make some heads spin. Even after all these years I am still called by my former married name. Sometimes it is easier to just go with it. The saving grace for us is that the ones I gave birth to look just like me and my husbands look just like him. Although we have a good chuckle when I was told that my step daughter looks like me. :-)