Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Cardshark98

Surgery yesterday. Super sore and having a hard time urinating

Rate this Entry
I finally had my surgery. All went well. I am really sore, a lot more then I expected. I am also having a hard time urinating. Anyone else have this issue?

Submit "Surgery yesterday. Super sore and having a hard time urinating" to Digg Submit "Surgery yesterday. Super sore and having a hard time urinating" to del.icio.us Submit "Surgery yesterday. Super sore and having a hard time urinating" to StumbleUpon Submit "Surgery yesterday. Super sore and having a hard time urinating" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Just had my operation last week, same issue with urination. Was told the nerve block they did for the operation had a side effect of putting my bladder to sleep, so had to rely on gravity to empty the tank. After 36 or so hours, it gradually went away. As to pain, definitely reach out to your doctors, gas pain in the chest is typical but other incision pain should be controlled. Hang in there, week 1 sucks but it gets better by week 2.
    I am 9 days out of surgery and I too was surprised at how sore I was the first few days after surgery. Luckily, I was able to urinate so I have no input on that but, I agree with MikeMo, everyday I felt better and better. Hang in there!
    Did your doctor prescribe you any pain meds? My surgeon gave me liquid oxycodone. I luckily only used it 3-4 times in week one and that was it but some people have a rougher time with the pain. As for going to the bathroom that is normal. Hang in there.
    The pain is pretty normal. Hopefully after the first full week, most of your pain will subside. I also had a problem urinating, but my body worked it out. I am sure yours will too. Just give it time. Congratulations on the surgery!
    I was fortunate not to have either issue, but I surely hope you're feeling better.
    This surgery will change your life for better health and the ability to surprise yourself in a good way.