Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Becky1211

Emotional!!

Rate this Entry
Hi all,
I am officially two weeks post surgery. I am already 20 lbs down (Yay!!) but I am finding that I am extremely emotional. I cry at things I would have never cried at, and I am frustrated or impatient most of the day. Is this normal? I am hoping this is just a phase as my body adjusts to the new me. Looking for hope...

Submit "Emotional!!" to Digg Submit "Emotional!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Emotional!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Emotional!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hahaha. Totally normal. Hormones are all out of whack due. It will get better. I did not go through it but a lot of people do. It will get better. Hang in there.
    I'll second that thought. Was talking with my nurse practicioner for my one week checkup, and she told me feelings of anger, regret, sadness, etc were very common. Best thought is to just ride the Rollercoaster and know you get off in a few weeks as your body adapts.

In the meantime... 20 pounds down! Great news.
    Yea totally, hormones!!!! Sending you a big hug :-)
    I don't know, I was always so excited and happy that's not something I ever experienced. Who couldn't be happy about getting healthy and smaller? (And it all happened so fast. It felt like overnight going from obese to normal.)

My psychiatrist talked at support group and said depression (like crying for no reason) is totally normal with some people. If it gets worse, talk to your doctor.
    Thanks everyone,
    I did talk to my doc, and she said it is pretty normal. Thanks Stacey03 for the hugs! I have to just ride it out and hope that it will get better. It does seem to be better this week so far!
    I didn't cry much, but I was certainly the queen of crabby pants! My patient, kind husband was glad to see "me" back! Glad you talked to your doctor!
    Congratulations. You're normal. And right on schedule.

Perfecto!