Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DesertGal

One Year Surgiversary!

Rate this Entry
Hello fellow sleevers and soon-to-be-sleevers! It's been a while since I have been on here.
Yesterday, March 24, 2018 was my 1st anniversary of having the sleeve surgery. What a year it has been. I lost 102 pounds by September 2017 and once I began increasing my caloric intake due to the zumba classes, jogging and walking I do faithfully each week (and honestly, I needed some carbs), I gained back a few pounds and have been holding steady. I have lost 4-5 dress sizes and am no longer the size of a manatee.

My appetite DID come back which annoyed me, as I was told by the surgeon that the hormone which causes hunger would be removed (my ass!), but mine found it's way back home. Because my sleeve still feels restricted, I seriously can not overeat and I still have issues with foods I have tried to eat from my previous life (lean ground beef). I try to do low carbs now instead of NO carbs -which I did for 9 months- and I avoid sugar, fat and bad foods. I know it could be so easy for me to scarf on slider foods and I don't want to visit that arena.

I turned 60 last November and look and feel better than I did in my 40s. More energy and I can buy clothing in the regular departments instead of hauling my body into the PLUS size section.

I created this brief Celebratory slideshow for my 1st anniversary, I hope the link works. Here goes: http://www.smilebox.com/playBlog/4e4...&blogview=true

Submit "One Year Surgiversary!" to Digg Submit "One Year Surgiversary!" to del.icio.us Submit "One Year Surgiversary!" to StumbleUpon Submit "One Year Surgiversary!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh, Lori! That slide show is wonderful! Everybody, go watch it. Just enable your Flash player when the show requests you to do so.

And girl -- your EYES! How do I get my eyes to be the color of yours -- they're aquamarine!

I'm so proud of you. Especially love the "All American Girl" shirt ones of you walking and exercising.

Keep it going. For the rest of your life. It's the best health decision I have EVER made, too.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your video. I haven't done many photos in the past 8 months but this is such a cute idea!!! Now I wish I had done more during the journey.
    Thank you Ann! I am trying my best to be a success in my new normal way of life. It’s about determination and focus. My eyes seem to really go blue blue when I wear the right color of blue to compliment them. (A blue eyed Italian ... mom’s side; dad’s side Irish and French.)

Suzjsan, I have always taken pictures of everyone and everything, so I knew that THIS journey would be a diary of all the fat times, the pre op weight loss, and what would follow during the year. I’m glad I did capture it all.
    I love the video, and the transformation impaired me.. thanks for sharing..
    fantastic lori! you've definitely come a long way.
    how healthy do you look? absolutely great!!!
    Thank You everyone!
    What a wonderful slide show. Reminds me why I want to do this.
    Just amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Gege
    OMG!. That was great. It looked like you found a time machine you got younger and younger as the video played. Congratulations, job well done!
    Amazeballs! You morphed into a 20 year younger version of yourself, and I agree with Ann, your eyes are gorgeous. But your hair stayed thick! And your skin looks fabulous. I hope my next 6 months do me as much good as yours have! Well done!
    AnnieG, my hair thinned a good amount but I was popping BIOTIN faithfully throughout the first 8 months (and had already been taking it for a year or more before surgery due to a rheumatoid arthritis drug I was on). My hair did thicken back up. My skin -knock wood- has been pretty wrinkle free. My mom didn’t really have wrinkles when she passed away at 62. Fingers crossed it stays smooth!