Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KerryPG

25 Days Out - 26 Pounds Down - Counting My Blessings

Rate this Entry
Happy Friday!!

As I sit here on this cloudy Texas morning, eating my lightly scrambled egg with a sprinkle of cheese I am counting my blessings. I am about halfway finished and I am feeling full. I count that as a blessing. I remember the days not too long ago when I could and would eat an entire medium thin crust pepperoni pizza and not blink an eye. I felt full-ish after it was all gone. I would buy two medium thin crust pepperoni pizzas because I love a two-fer bargain deal . I would eat one and save the other for later. I do not miss those days...

I am working my way through my closet. I have sizes varying from 6 to 14. I have a section I call my "goal clothes". Sadly, I am still wearing the same clothes as before my surgery (about a size 10), they just fit much better. The gymnastics of squeezing into them was the only exercise I got on some days. I refuse to buy new clothes until the ones I am wearing are too big. However, the fact that a size 10 actually fits is a blessing. For that, I am happy that I am going in the desired direction.

My husband is thrilled. He has loved me through SO MUCH and my weight roller coaster is just one aspect. He just wants me to be happy and healthy. This may be TMI... I am getting my sexxy back. The bedroom has become a less self conscious place for me. I married way above my pay grade. He has been an athlete all his life and has a metabolism like a race horse and is 18 months younger than I am and he NEVER ages to boot! So not fair but he's mine and he loves ME for ME. Ours is a second marriage for both of us. I count him as one of my blessings.

I am back in the gym with limitations. I am allowed to do 30 minutes of walking (at a leisurely pace). Soooo... I use that 30 minutes in a different way. I have worked up to 20 minutes on the stair master and 10 minutes walking on a treadmill. I am working my way to 30 minutes on the stair master. Since I am low on calories, I don't have the stamina that I would like but I am getting there. It feels so good to break a sweat in a healthy way. Before surgery, I broke a sweat getting dressed. I have my next follow-up appointment on April 2nd and I am hopeful to be released to lift weights.

There are 168 until my 50th birthday. I intend to do something every day that furthers me to my goals. I know there will be slip-ups along the way and I intend to give myself some Grace when those occur. Birthday party plans are in the works and some people that are invited will have not seen me in a long time. I am taking time every day for self-care. If I find myself sitting on the couch during the day, watching TV, I ask myself "does this further you toward your goals?". I have downloaded an app on my phone that allows me to watch "On Demand" so I watch while on the Stair Master. Multi-Tasking!!

Life sometimes gets in our way of our goals. I am learning to recognize MY needs so that I can be the best ME, mom, wife, sister and friend that I can be. I count those lessons as blessings too.

Happy Fri-Yay Y'all

Submit "25 Days Out - 26 Pounds Down - Counting My Blessings" to Digg Submit "25 Days Out - 26 Pounds Down - Counting My Blessings" to del.icio.us Submit "25 Days Out - 26 Pounds Down - Counting My Blessings" to StumbleUpon Submit "25 Days Out - 26 Pounds Down - Counting My Blessings" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What a wonderful post! I'm convinced that gratitude is so important in this journey. What a gift to be released from obsessing about food. And what a gift to feel better about ourselves so we can be more present for others. And yes, what a gift to take off those jeans at the end of the day and not have marks all over because we were stuffing ourselves into a size too small. It keeps getting better, I promise. I have so much energy now I feel like I'm half my age. You're going to have a great birthday.
    Beautiful post Kerry :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHB
    What a wonderful post! I'm convinced that gratitude is so important in this journey. What a gift to be released from obsessing about food. And what a gift to feel better about ourselves so we can be more present for others. And yes, what a gift to take off those jeans at the end of the day and not have marks all over because we were stuffing ourselves into a size too small. It keeps getting better, I promise. I have so much energy now I feel like I'm half my age. You're going to have a great birthday.

Thank you for the kind words. I truly appreciate it.
    <3 <3
    Thank you Stacey. Big hug!
    Isn't if fun? We are blessed to being able to have this surgery, that's for sure. I so enjoy my food now, and just a little is enough to completely satisfy me.

Last night I discovered something new. (We eat out a lot!) Buffalo Wild Wings had these three tiny chicken street tacos for about $5.00. Perfect meal for me and so yummy.

So proud of you - you're doing great!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Isn't if fun? We are blessed to being able to have this surgery, that's for sure. I so enjoy my food now, and just a little is enough to completely satisfy me.

Last night I discovered something new. (We eat out a lot!) Buffalo Wild Wings had these three tiny chicken street tacos for about $5.00. Perfect meal for me and so yummy.

So proud of you - you're doing great!
    Thank you! We have Buffalo Wild Wings too! When I am able, I will have to look for the street tacos :-)
    I loved your post. A huge congratulations to you
    What a wonderful post! I understand about "single serving" being the whole thing, lol.

I am grateful for people who share their success; you've made my morning!
    Quote Originally Posted by erc70
    I loved your post. A huge congratulations to you

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryPG
    Thank you!

Thank you <3
    What a fabulously positive post! You are going to have a great 50th with this attitude
    Congrats and keep up the good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    What a fabulously positive post! You are going to have a great 50th with this attitude
    Congrats and keep up the good work.
    Thank you KiwiGal! <3
    Congrats Kerry. So happy for you!!!