Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kre8drms

Locked & Loaded - On A Journey To A New Me!

Rate this Entry
Hello Everyone...My name is Chef Mo'nique

Yesterday, I started the 1st day of my pre-op diet. I admit that yesterday was a lot harder than today as far as cravings go. Why is it then when you're NOT hungry that's when the hunger pains kick in? I know that it's mainly mental in my case but "Boy o' Boy" as a Chef, this is one of the hardest task that I've ever been face with.
If you know anything about Chefs, you know that like a baby we love to put everything in our mouths. Lol - Well in 4 days I will be having the Gastric Sleeve procedure and i'm feeling a little emotional about it. I've waited 15 yrs to take this step and now i'm getting both nervous & excited about how much my life is going to change.

Submit "Locked & Loaded - On A Journey To A New Me!" to Digg Submit "Locked & Loaded - On A Journey To A New Me!" to del.icio.us Submit "Locked & Loaded - On A Journey To A New Me!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Locked & Loaded - On A Journey To A New Me!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The pre op diet sucks, it's the hardest part about the whole thing. You just have to look at it as a teeny, tiny inconvienience on your way to a happy, healthy, amazing new life!

You will be using your chef skills cooking as my husband does, following the 'rule of two," getting creative with a protein and veggie for your meals. The options are endless. We eat really well! Seafood is my favorite as it's easy on the tummy: ahi tuna, shrimp, scallops, any fish. Tonight is planked salmon.

It's so much fun - get ready!
    Congratulations on getting through the first day of your pre-op diet. You can do it, just take it one day at a time.
    But as a chef, my oh my, what wonderful tiny amazing meals you will be able to put together! Welcome and congrats :-)
    Welcome! You're going to do great. I can tell you're an enthusiastic person by nature. Let it roll!
    Sraebaer,

Thank you so much for your support. I've been a chef for over 30 years so, I have no doubt that coming up with recipes will be a cinch. I've was a Vegetarian for 16+ year and recently transitioned over to being Vegan so, that's where I'm gonna have to get creative with adding in a lot of protein.
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowjoy
    Congratulations on getting through the first day of your pre-op diet. You can do it, just take it one day at a time.

Today, is actually my 3rd day of my 5 days of pre-op and i'm actually doing pretty good. No hunger pains this morning and i'm feeling fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    But as a chef, my oh my, what wonderful tiny amazing meals you will be able to put together! Welcome and congrats :-)

Yes, ma'am and i'm so exciting about coming up with new recipes. I will be logging every step of my journey and at the same time writing a cook book for Gastric Sleeve patients.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Welcome! You're going to do great. I can tell you're an enthusiastic person by nature. Let it roll!

Ha, Ha...Enthusiastic is my middle name. Lol- I'm ready to rock & roll!
    You can do it! I am on day 8 of a two week liquid diet. I just keep telling myself it is SO worth it to get to my new healthy life. I can't wait for your new cook book! I hope you have a pureed food section. Wishing you the best!!!
    Congrats on the start of your new journey! I look forward to reading your cookbook! Best wishes! Jen
    Yay! You got this. Hang in there. The pre op is way harder than the post op. So excited for you on your journey. Keep us posted and let us know how surgery goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kre8drms
    Yes, ma'am and i'm so exciting about coming up with new recipes. I will be logging every step of my journey and at the same time writing a cook book for Gastric Sleeve patients.
    That's actually brilliant and will be so useful for vegans. I do hope you share your experiences on here as I will be keen to see :-)
    So excited for you, and yes, after the 3rd day pre op was hard, but then hunger &headache dissolve.

I'm not a chef, but did cook for 8 people 3 x a day for many years (married with 6 kids). And I love to cook, even now that I don't eat it (or much of it).

Adapting recipes is a challenge, but I truly enjoy it! My favorite foods have been easily adaptable, and my (now adult) family cannot tell the difference, nor do friends when we entertain.

The more experience you ahve cooking, I think the easier "tweeking" goes! You should indeed write a cookbook -- and put me on the pre-order list!