Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Progress-Strong Woman-Running-Maintenance-Tryouts

Rate this Entry
Things are going great for this sleeved lady. New job training is over and just completed my first week of no longer being in training. Loving it. My manager is very pleased with how well I picked up the job. She has been able to give me extra work and I have been able to accomplish it all with no issues. The girl who sits next to me was sleeved in August. Not by my surgeon. She told me about being sleeved within a week or so of me joining the team. I did not tell her I was sleeved. Just not sure I want everyone else on the team to know.
I just completed 3 months on my strength training plan. I can see definite improvement in my muscle tone. I am still working on the legs. They were my problem area. I can now do 6 pull ups in a row. I couldn't even get all the way up to do one in the beginning. I am pleased. Looking forward to what the next 3 months will bring. The guy who sits near me at work one day was like, "Is the gun show over?" He said it because I had put my hoodie back on. He then went on to tell me how impressive my biceps were, which lead to a conversation on strength training and my routine. I felt really proud.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shirt.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	27533
My new shirt!

Name:	wt1.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	209.6 KB 
ID:	27534
Look at those biceps. Unfortunately you can see my tummy skin when I flex.

Name:	wt2.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	27535
Oh yeah!

Name:	wt3.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	193.2 KB 
ID:	27536
Back view!

Name:	wt4.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	27537
Strong back! My daughter laughed taking this one!

Had my health assessment at work. Happy to say that every single thing they tested for was optimal, ideal, very good...etc. EXCEPT...my cholesterol was right at the limit of 200. Last year this time it was 191. The weird thing is while my cholesterol went up a bit the sub categories got better. My HDL went from good to very good, my LDL went from near optimal to optimal, and my TC/HDL ratio got lower from 3.5 to 2.3 which is also better. So just need to work on ensuring that I keep the cholesterol in check. Despite my cholesterol being at the limit they said I was very healthy. They actually didn't even mention it but it is on my paperwork.

Today my hubby had to run a 5K to qualify to represent his age group for his work a the Corporate Cup in June. He smoked it. He won and will be running for his age group 40-49. While I was there I decided to go ahead and run the course while they were waiting to start. It was at a trail area. I had never been there and actually found it quite nice. I would go there again for a run. I hear this trail actually goes like 18 miles and they are looking to expand it. Here is a picture of us from before the run.

Name:	run.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	286.5 KB 
ID:	27538

So I finally broke down and started tracking my food on My Fitness Pal. Thank you Ann2! I am not a tracker. It has never been my thing but I am trying really hard to make this a habit and priority. I want to be successful in maintenance and think this will be helpful. So far no issues maintaining but I am looking at the long term. I want to know exactly what I am putting in my body. At first I could not get my Apple watch to sync my workouts to it but finally 2 days ago I was successful. Initially it would only sync my steps for the first few weeks I started using it. Apparently I had to open my Apple health app and then sync it with the MFP. It never told me that before and when I tried looking it up online it did say Apple was the one watch that had issues syncing with it. So I wonder if that was a recent upgrade?? My hubby has a polar and was able to sync his workouts from day one.

This next week is going to be stressful as my daughter is trying out for the dance team. She doesn't think she has a good shot of making it and I am hoping she will because I know it will be hard if she doesn't. So pray for me that things go well and if she doesn't make it she is not too devastated. Hope you guys all have a wonderful week. I have been busy lately but hopefully things will calm down after tryouts. Big hugs!

Submit "Progress-Strong Woman-Running-Maintenance-Tryouts" to Digg Submit "Progress-Strong Woman-Running-Maintenance-Tryouts" to del.icio.us Submit "Progress-Strong Woman-Running-Maintenance-Tryouts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Progress-Strong Woman-Running-Maintenance-Tryouts" to Google

Comments

OMG, I remember those cheerleader/dance team tryout days. She typically made it, but if she didn't it was like the end of the world. Teenager drama!! But don't worry, then there's college and sorority drama....

You're looking great - keep it up!
    CHRISTIE!!!! 6 pull ups!!!! errrrmygawd... I'm on one ;-)
    Love and thoughts and good vibes for sweet V I hope she makes it.. every finger is crossed! Everything is dramatic at that age! You look amazing peachy, the arms look great, I'm working on mine as a little bit of loose skin on the batwing area! xxxxx
    LOL! Christie is using MFP?! Love it. It's really a great tool -- very, very educational.

And just amaze-balls here at everything else you typed. I love your pix. The one of you and your hubby is so sweet. How wonderful that you two have found new better ways of living life together. That trail sounds wonderful.

Oh, how I wish I could still run. But at 72 and the knees I'm left with (after a lifetime of hard living and too much weight bearing down on them, which were weren't all that great to begin with) it ain't gonna happen. But boy, oh boy, do I remember the running highs. Nothing like it.

Also, loved the "gun show" comment from your co-worker. Very cool comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    OMG, I remember those cheerleader/dance team tryout days. She typically made it, but if she didn't it was like the end of the world. Teenager drama!! But don't worry, then there's college and sorority drama....

You're looking great - keep it up!
    Yes. Teenager drama is so hard. Things are very competitive here in Texas. They take all their sports seriously. And she goes to a huge school. So...I am holding my breath and hoping it all works out. Gah...I can't handle more drama.

Thank you. I am loving my new strong physique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    CHRISTIE!!!! 6 pull ups!!!! errrrmygawd... I'm on one ;-)
    Love and thoughts and good vibes for sweet V I hope she makes it.. every finger is crossed! Everything is dramatic at that age! You look amazing peachy, the arms look great, I'm working on mine as a little bit of loose skin on the batwing area! xxxxx
    Yessssss!!!!! The strength training totally helped my wings! Hopefully I can eventually get some more improvement on my butt and legs.
    Thanks. I hope V gets it. She says she is ok if she doesn't but after she came home tonight from the first practice she seems totally excited. Ugh. Praying she makes it. I don't know if my heart can handle it if she doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    LOL! Christie is using MFP?! Love it. It's really a great tool -- very, very educational.

And just amaze-balls here at everything else you typed. I love your pix. The one of you and your hubby is so sweet. How wonderful that you two have found new better ways of living life together. That trail sounds wonderful.

Oh, how I wish I could still run. But at 72 and the knees I'm left with (after a lifetime of hard living and too much weight bearing down on them, which were weren't all that great to begin with) it ain't gonna happen. But boy, oh boy, do I remember the running highs. Nothing like it.

Also, loved the "gun show" comment from your co-worker. Very cool comment.

Hahaha Ann! It is TOTALLY you're fault that I started using it. Then I was mad when my Apple watch wouldn't connect right to it. Now that they are working well together I love it even more. I do like knowing where I stand nutritionally. I haven't had any issues maintaining but definitely don't want to find myself clueless about what is going into my body.

I love running. Just simply love it. When I had to stop when my knees and hips were bothering me I was so worried I wouldn't be able to run again. Thankfully, with upping my vitamin D and strength training my legs I am back to running. Hopefully no more set backs.

Yes...I was so stoked about him mentioning it. I love the way they look but it is great when others notice. I worked hard for these bad boys. I am a freaking push up queen.
    Christie13, what a joyful post this morning! And you and your DH look wonderfully healthy. Having "life" in our years is a wondrful, positive change.

I used to run cross country (40 years ago, seriously) but I've not started regular exercise except walking yet.. It is certainly a reminder this morning that I need to get moving. Literally!
    Thanks for sharing!
    I love reading your posts since they're so inspiring! I need to start tracking my food again on MFP. I hate doing it!

Trail running is fun, isn't it? The weather is getting better where I live so I need to get back outside to run. The treadmill is convenient, but I miss the outdoors.

Keep the gun show and your posts coming!

Best,
    Jen
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    Christie13, what a joyful post this morning! And you and your DH look wonderfully healthy. Having "life" in our years is a wondrful, positive change.

I used to run cross country (40 years ago, seriously) but I've not started regular exercise except walking yet.. It is certainly a reminder this morning that I need to get moving. Literally!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you Annie! We are happier and healthier than ever. We have so much fun working out together and being active. Such a change from laying in bed watching TV and eating candy. LOL.
    I love running and strength training. I know I am going to be able to maintain with no issues due to all the wonderful healthy habits I am creating.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    I love reading your posts since they're so inspiring! I need to start tracking my food again on MFP. I hate doing it!

Trail running is fun, isn't it? The weather is getting better where I live so I need to get back outside to run. The treadmill is convenient, but I miss the outdoors.

Keep the gun show and your posts coming!

Best,
    Jen
    Thanks Jen! I love reading your blogs as well. I especially love your brutal honesty. The good, the bad, the ugly. It is so refreshing.
    Yeah, I am still getting the hang of MFP but getting better and better about tracking. It is a bit tedious but I am getting better at adding my foods as I eat them.
    Yes, I love running outside wayyyyy better than on the treadmill. Don't get me wrong, when it is super cold I am totally on the treadmill. Luckily, our weather is pretty nice most of the time. Although this year has been exceptionally cold in Texas.
    Bravo!! On your successes!! <3 <3
    I live in Texas too and totally relate to the teenage sports drama! It is more of a religion (not to offend anyone). Three of our 4 teenagers play sports and the other is a theater student (which is equally dramatic).
    My Fitness Pal is a great tool. I love that it has such a large food and restaurant database.

Your bright and beautiful smile says it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryPG
    Bravo!! On your successes!! <3 <3
    I live in Texas too and totally relate to the teenage sports drama! It is more of a religion (not to offend anyone). Three of our 4 teenagers play sports and the other is a theater student (which is equally dramatic).
    My Fitness Pal is a great tool. I love that it has such a large food and restaurant database.

Your bright and beautiful smile says it all!
    Thank you. I have worked hard on those muscles. I have no bat wings despite the weight loss.
    Yeah, the sports is so competitive here and if your kid didn't start super young not much chance unless they are blessed with a natural talent. It doesn't help that her school is HUGE. They graduate around 900 per year. She did not make the dance team unfortunately. Now we will see if she decides to stay in pep or not. I feel for her. I think it is hard on her bc she keeps comparing to my teen years but I went to a small military HS overseas. I graduated with 36 other kids. It was easy to be on all the sports teams.