Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

elllie

protein shakes, soups and whey powder suggestions in the UK

Rate this Entry
HI everyone, I was wondering if those people in the UK can recommend what why powder, protein shakes they used before and after surgery. I have bought an Atkins one, which i can tolerate. I have also bought Tesco slim. So any suggestions will help. Thanks

Submit "protein shakes, soups and whey powder suggestions in the UK" to Digg Submit "protein shakes, soups and whey powder suggestions in the UK" to del.icio.us Submit "protein shakes, soups and whey powder suggestions in the UK" to StumbleUpon Submit "protein shakes, soups and whey powder suggestions in the UK" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Ellie,

I had my sleeve done 3 weeks ago tomorrow.

I am using "Cadburys Hilites drinking chocolate" You can buy it from Sainsbury's I mix it with protein powder in a little cold water to make a smooth paste then add boiling water.

I bought the protein powder from a sports shop, ask for low fat, high protein and its brilliant.
    I mix it in with my low cal Hot chocolate can't taste it and its so comforting and perks me up .

I would say the protein drinks are expensive in the UK and taste yukky.
    I tried them before I was sleeved My brother in law has a variety of them.
    For me adding protein powder to the drinking chocolate is the tasty pick me up that I need.

Also I added the protein powder to MISO soup.
    My hubby makes milkshakes with the protein powder - I can't yet as no milk for me at this stage apart from Almond milk I can only stand the almond milk in porridge with Honey.

Hope it helps.

The surgery was great just know you will have fatigue and give in to it.
    Loads of fluids lots of rest. Take care of your new sleeve with all your heart and you will be rewarded.
    My biggest hurdle is Acid - I had a massage yesterday to release all the knots in my back, neck and shoulders. I had vertigo which I have had before - for me it was and always is down to neck muscles restricting everything and as soon as it starts releasing the vertigo disappears and so does some of the Acid reflux.
    After surgery I was all tight in my back neck and chest.
    Good Luck
    Visiting UK April 5 th for 2 weeks.
    I am going to get loads of Hot Chocolate { 40 cals} as its been the best comfort and energy booster of all.
    Let me know where you are at in your journey.
    I have lost 7 KG in under 3 weeks.
    So I am happy. xx
    HI Pudsley
    Well done on your achievement so far. Where about are you? Thanks for the advice, I will look at the hot chocolate low cal. I have been trying some weight loss shakes, Atkins, slimfast. I have managed a few sips, so i will just have ti muddle along and force myself to drink them. I am hoping to get no flavour whey powder and i will make him made tomato soup and add the powder to it. Hopefully it will work out. It is now just under 3 weeks until my surgery. I have to start the 2 week pre op diet on Monday. Hopefully when you arrive in the Uk the weather will be much better than it has been of late. Travel safe. x
    Ellie

I have just seen your other post about liquid stage - I was also really worried about this stage.
    Here is what I did.

Herbal tea every kind -fruit ,fennel, Calendula, lavender, Echinasea.
    Chicken water with veg to flavour it strain it.
    Fruit boiled in water and strain it and drink liquid only. Mulberries, peaches, blueberries.

Then Miso soup its clear,marmite in boiling water, bovril, oxo cubes - then go for Heinz soups cupa soups for the full liquid stage. ( not tomato)

I had fish, carrots, courgettes little hot water whizzed up with a blending stick to a liquid and drank that. I did the same with mincemeat, carrots, courgettes, celery. for the full liquids (6 days after my op)

Then I ate the same with less liquid so more of a puree.
    I have had to modify as I can't take all of the fruit drinks they suggested such as Iced tea - too much acid for me personally but thats what all my buddies were doing in hospital.
    I also drank Kefir and Ayran which are yogurt drinks - I know you are not a fan of milk, but this really soothed me.

Ask me anything I am happy to help as I was really worried about how it was on liquids - honestly the first 7 days herbal tea was my best friend and of course water !

xx