Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jesslyn235

1st Day of 4 day liquids...

Rate this Entry
Very emotional day, what the heck is wrong with me...

Submit "1st Day of 4 day liquids..." to Digg Submit "1st Day of 4 day liquids..." to del.icio.us Submit "1st Day of 4 day liquids..." to StumbleUpon Submit "1st Day of 4 day liquids..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Jesslyn235,
    I think emotions are very normal all throughout this process. Just go with the emotions and lean on your support system. You will be just fine. I am on day 4 of a 2 week liquid diet. My sleeve is not scheduled until the end of the month. There are folks on the forum that have so much experience and are very kind and willing to help others. Wishing you the best of luck!
    Oh, I do feel you on this front! I've been on all liquids since Tuesday, and will be there through next Monday when I get scoped and Tuesday for surgery. Nothing but protein shakes, crystal light, and bariatric vitamins. Yikes! Last night I couldn't sleep so I was looking at the varieties of frozen preseasoned salmon that Walmart carries. Was reading a "reddit" ask me anything session from a guy who manages a chinese buffet about how they operate the business, prep food, etc, and found myself thinking I'd never have that experience eating at a buffet again. Strange what sets you off.

I haven't been super depressed, but more just feeling like I just miss solid food in my mouth. On a positive note, all the protein with limited carbs and very little sugar does seem to keep me from feeling like I'm starving, even with my average food intake stuck below 1000 calories. So not all bad. And I am losing weight. But boy oh boy I could crave some good moist brisket right about now...
    Jesslyn, I think it's really normal to feel emotional when coming up to surgery so tick that as normal.
    Then start getting excited! Think about how much your life is going to change, think about yourself a year from now. Things are going to be so much different. I think it's really easy to run with that emotional state and I think you should challenge that. This is something to be celebrated and feel joy about, this is going to change your life. Like absolutely.

I think people often worry about the fact that they won't be able to eat so much, now I'm not a psychologist but just from my observations in myself, it hasn't bothered me. Being free from that inappropriate hunger has been a blessing. I still eat the most delicious good food... smoked salmon, oysters, scallops, wilted spinach, delicious food from fabulous restaurants in entree size. I love it, and I love that I can choose the nicest things and have no concern with volume. Nobody even cares what you eat... that has been one of my biggest revelations! Get positive and excited because you are so worth this experience.

But yup, normal to feel emotional, but throw some excitement into that emotion. We are barracking for ya :-)
    Thank you everyone for the comments, I think it might be some hormones going on as well. All I want to do is cry and little (or big depending on how you look at it) are setting me off. Basically yesterday was payday and opps... I didn’t get paid; they had a check for me today but it should have been direct deposited yesterday not me having to wait for it to clear the bank...too many little things adding up to big things...I just need to get past this weekend and my flight early Monday morning....so looking forward to my new me
    Hormones shit me no end!!!! Big hugs xxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesslyn235
    Thank you everyone for the comments, I think it might be some hormones going on as well. All I want to do is cry and little (or big depending on how you look at it) are setting me off. Basically yesterday was payday and opps... I didn’t get paid; they had a check for me today but it should have been direct deposited yesterday not me having to wait for it to clear the bank...too many little things adding up to big things...I just need to get past this weekend and my flight early Monday morning....so looking forward to my new me
    I hate things like that, even in the most normal of times; you've got a great deal going on, and a wonderful new journey ahead! Just take a few deep breaths, and honestly, you'll find the friendships/celebrations are more important than the buffet!

And you will feel healthy & look fabulous! Such a pretty woman.
    Hope things are going better for you. I'm one day nearer, and the wife thinks I'm a bit on the crabby side, which of course I am. I keep reminding myself it's for a good cause but it's a challenge. On the bright side, it'll be over soon.
    A few days of that sucky pre-op diet for a lifetime of wellness as a regular sized person - priceless. You should be excited, not sad!

I did my pre-op at our friend's vacation lake house watching them eat gourmet meals and drink a lot. I did join them at the table with my broth. But I still enjoyed the lake! And every year since then I've been back at the lake looking good in a bathing suit. So seriously, why worry about a few days of a little inconvenience in your life. Try to look at the big picture.
    It went bye faster than I thought it was going to, kind of wish I had more to keep me pre-occupied. Has anyone else ever realized that around 5/6 pm they start a lot of food commercials...maybe I was just really aware because I really never realized it before this weekend...lol
    How are you going Jessalyn???