Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DevanChristopher

I'm OBSESSED and I finally received a little support.

Rate this Entry
I've been thinking about weight loss surgery for much longer than my family knows. So I can't blame them when they think I am making a "spur of the moment decision". The fact is, I want this for me and my health. I was called selfish yesterday and I said "you are right, I want to feel better, I want to be healthier, I want this for ME".

I am so excited about upcoming surgery that it's hard to think about anything else. My surgery date is April 6, 2016. My wife an I had a major talk last night. I don't have much support in my decision to go to Mexico. Everybody says to wait a year, or "just exercise and eat better". I told my wife last night that I feel like I am dying in a fat suit. I have several medical problems because of my weight and it scares the crap out of me. I don't want wait a year or more to have this surgery. I want to feel better now.

Last night my Dad called and I expected him to give me the same lecture. AMAZINGLY, he said "It's your decision, it's different, but if you have done your research, go for it"!!. I can't explain how this made me feel. I was so thankful and it allowed me to get excited about April 6. My Dad has even volunteered to go to Mexico with me now. I am still trying to get my passport renewed and my flight tickets set in stone, but I am moving forward!!!!! Take care everybody

Submit "I'm OBSESSED and I finally received a little support." to Digg Submit "I'm OBSESSED and I finally received a little support." to del.icio.us Submit "I'm OBSESSED and I finally received a little support." to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm OBSESSED and I finally received a little support." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good for you for choosing to be healthy!

And go dad!
    That is so good of him and offering to go with you: "wow".

Sure hope though that you will get your wife on board, that is also important.
    How does she feel about it now?
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    Good for you for choosing to be healthy!

And go dad!
    That is so good of him and offering to go with you: "wow".

Sure hope though that you will get your wife on board, that is also important.
    How does she feel about it now?
    I think she is mainly worried. My weight has been a roller coaster for YEARS. I'm a guy... I don't like to talk about how painful it is to try on clothes and nothing fits... LOL I don't think she knew how serious I was when I discussed getting surgery. I'm a jokster and I try to laugh things off, but my weight and health problems really bother me.

I think she will come around. I am thankful for this blog and support from other members
    Your dad is very cool. Lucky you.

Go for it.
    So glad your dad is in your corner, and just trust your wife to get there! Excited. My health has improved soooo much.
    Wise not to wait!
    I think you wife will come around. You have been getting used to this idea for a long time and she has just been brought into the picture. It may be more fear, worries and concern than anything else. Are there any local support groups you both could attend. Perhaps a a local hospital? This may help her understand. Interestingly enough I told my husband "this year is for me" I want to get healthy. His first response was "will you be ok? what if something happens during surgery? I don't want to anything to happen to you" to me this was all about fear, concern, and love. Then he after a while he thought this is going to be great for the both of us. We both are eating healthier and making better choices. Make sure she does not feel left out or left behind. Each day I update my hubby on what I have learned or a status report on my upcoming surgery. He is a part of the process for me. I had also be thinking about this for about 3 years. Give her some time to get up to speed and get educated. I think she will come around. It is fantastic you Dad was immediately on board! The most important thing we all have is our health. Best of luck to you!
    Yayyy so great when you stand your ground and get support. also I think it is a massive part of this journey to start looking after yourself as well as everyone else around you. It is very wise to do this for the long term. Yup. Nods. Very best of luck :-)
    Yay Devan! Happy for you! I totally get it. You need to be selfish. This is your health. When I told my hubby I was going to do it he told me if I was doing this for him not to. I blurted out, "I'm not. I'm doing this for me." It was totally true, 100% selfish, and the best thing I have ever done for myself.
    Sounds like it's time to stand up for yourself, which you are doing! Good for you, you won't regret it.
    I Too got this sleeve for me, selfish maybe,
    now everyone in my family and everyone who knows me knows that I made the BEST DECISION Ever. In the reality of it all I did it for me and the love of my family.
    You will see, Good luck on 4/6/2018 I'll be rooting for you.