Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jesslyn235

Trying to reassure my husband of my decision to go to Mexico

Rate this Entry
Both my mother and my husband are very concerned with my decision to travel to Mexico for this surgery. Can anyone please confirm the cleanliness of the hospital and professionalism of Dr. Almanza? My mother will be traveling with me and continues to say repeatedly that if she doesn’t like what she see’s we are going right back to the airport and getting a flight home...can anyone give any input?

Thank you,
Jessica

Submit "Trying to reassure my husband of my decision to go to Mexico" to Digg Submit "Trying to reassure my husband of my decision to go to Mexico" to del.icio.us Submit "Trying to reassure my husband of my decision to go to Mexico" to StumbleUpon Submit "Trying to reassure my husband of my decision to go to Mexico" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My surgery has been a couple weeks ago now ( on 2/20 ) by Dr Almanza and I had a great experience. The hospital is brand new and extremely clean. Take warm clothes though because it is freezing in the hospital. Dr Almanza and his team are great. The nurses are great . You will stay at the hospital the night of your surgery and your mom will go back to the hotel. They will tell you all the times. Everything runs on a schedule. If you need any more info just send me a message. Hope this helped. BTW ,My husband and I met some awesome people during my trip that we plan on staying in touch with for years to come. Good Luck on your surgery .
    Thank you, how are you doing since your surgery? I am hoping to connect with a few people as well, I feel like when I had the lap band in 2006 I didn’t have any support system and I was on my own.
    I am doing great . I’m down almost 30 lbs and have healed well. I think the hardest part of recovery for me the first couple days was how uncomfortable the drain tube was and having to sleep on my back . Head hunger is also a real pain . Mexican food is my absolute favorite and not being able to eat the authentic food while I was down there was hard. Food trucks are everywhere and on every corner, so be prepared. Apple juice after surgery was my life save. It was easier than water for me but now I drink water all the time and feel like I can’t get enough to drink sometimes. You will do great . Just stay strong and remember your end goal. After surgery just remember to walk , walk and more walking . It will help to feel better faster. Have fun while your down there. TJ is a pretty neat city with lots to see.
    Thank you, I am a walker by nature so I don’t see walking as being a problem; when the weather is nice I can’t hep myself but to go on 5-10 mile walk without thinking about it. I found the Premium Protein shakes the end of January and started having a shake with a yogurt for breakfast; a moderately sized lunch and a shake for dinner. This has caused me to drop 20 pounds already, although there are times I find myself very hungry... Excited to see how I do in the next few weeks.
    My surgery was 3 years ago on the 24th this month. Zero complications and weight loss that I wanted! I couldn't be any happier with my decision to have this done. Dr. Almanza was great, doesn't speak much English but he knows what he's doing. As far as the Hospital the one I had surgery in wasn't a 5 star resort but it did the job. I just read in another posters comment the Hospital is brand new so he must have moved. I went alone and handled it fine so tell Mom not to worry you will be fine so long as you follow the preop and postop rules to a T. There was a girl that drank soda right after surgery while I was there and had to get a second surgery. The point is don't do anything stupid and you'll do GREAT!!!! Good Luck!
    Sorry, but it would scare me too. I enjoyed my 10 minute drive home to my bed. But many people here have had an excellent experience in Mexico, so go with what you have researched.

Be sure to walk when you can on the plane ride home. That's what scares me, blood clots from such a long day of travel.

Good luck!
    Tamera2 absolutely loved it and said it was very clean.
    Went to the hospital yesterday, it is immaculately clean; no worries at all about getting picked up shortly to go back and have my sleeve preformed.