Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dtj

Can I lift weights and do sit ups?

Rate this Entry
I am three months post op. I started working out Monday and I am a little scared I am doing boxing I lifted a little weight max is 12 pounds and do sit up! My question is can we workout normal after three months

Submit "Can I lift weights and do sit ups?" to Digg Submit "Can I lift weights and do sit ups?" to del.icio.us Submit "Can I lift weights and do sit ups?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Can I lift weights and do sit ups?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My doctor told me to listen to my body. If it hurt then to stop.
    Sounds alright to me but go on what you feel for sure :-)
    I was told 10 pound limit for 2 weeks, then 25 pound limit for 4 weeks. Then I could resume normal activities, so 3 months sounds like you should be able to start working out, however like Christie13 says, listen to your body.
    My doctor said yes after 2 weeks! I remember when he said I could do any exercise, I asked "even sit ups?" and he said yes. I didn't do sit ups, I started with walking. But if you are three months out, I would say go for it! You should be exercising.
    I am glad you got answers. At 5 months, other than walking, I've not done much. Yet. This reminds me.

And for me, old person rule "if it hurts' don't do it"
    3 months and b4 I was mowing lawns and doing everything (apart from pigging out on junk food) Walking is the best and no BS way to maintain stability. Forget the gym, just walk and walk, the pounds came away no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    I am glad you got answers. At 5 months, other than walking, I've not done much. Yet. This reminds me.

And for me, old person rule "if it hurts' don't do it"

I follow that rule too Annie! Hubby and I just got back from our 2nd ski trip of the year, and once we got tired or our knees started to hurt, we went to the hot tub! "Quit while you're ahead" was our motto. Or "Don't push your luck." Oh, to be young again.... Back when we had 3 little kids we used to drive 3 hours to the mountains, ski from opening to closing, and then drive 3 hours home again. And I used to ski the black diamond runs! Now it's get a condo at the resort, ski in the morning, take an hour nap, ski in the afternoon, hit the hot tub, eat dinner, and go to bed early. Party animals for sure.