Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Stacey03

16 week update!

Rate this Entry
Hallo Possums,
First of all, sorry I haven't been around so much but life has gone crazy and I kind of accidentally, but not, got myself into a Masters programme in public health. I've been successfully putting that off for a good 16 years but now it seems my life will be in super study mode. Then you can do your PhD they said!!!! I'm like errrrmyyyygawd. I'm not even sure my brain is big enough for the masters but ya know, I'll give it a good crack!
So life is now insane study. Protein is probably good for brains right?
In other news i am now 21 kg down I think thats 46 pounds? Anyway it is ahhhmazing.
My mac broke yesterday morning just in time for my masters, sigh, so I spent 5 hours at the shopping centre stalking the genius bar for an appointment. I did the most sensible thing and tried on a heap of expensive dresses to pass the time. I was wise enough not to buy anything, but was taken aback by the smaller size I am now. I was thinking 'No way I will fit into that!!!!' but gosh I did. I seem to be fitting into size 6 (US) dresses!!!! Like never in my life!!!!
So of course I tried on everything between running in and out of the genius bar! I can't wait to be goal weight so I can shop up a storm!
Sadly my mac has gone to the hospital for 7 to 10 days but luckily I've scored my partners mac while she is away in Boston. I was sad to miss out on coming to Boston as I have sensibly put my education above gallivanting, but maybe I can come next year, or the year after. I just love the architecture in Boston. So pretty.
I'm feeling really well and all my energy came back, had a bit of a rough trot with that. Running and crossfit is great and loosing that weight has made a massive difference just in terms of what I can do. Even harder stuff seems so much easier without carrying that weight.
I once picked up a 20 kg bag of cement at the Homemaker store and was amazed at how heavy it was. I guess it's a good reminder sometimes.
Well done to everyone in the early stages after surgery, you're doing great, it can be a rough trot for a few weeks. Hang on in there, keep positive, it's all worth it. Lovage xxxxx

Submit "16 week update!" to Digg Submit "16 week update!" to del.icio.us Submit "16 week update!" to StumbleUpon Submit "16 week update!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great to hear your going great guns!
    Thanks for your kind words and your caring thoughts whilst I was feeling down.
    I hesitated to come back on but there is no group for support around and I feel there needs
    to be.
    I'd love to travel, one day maybe it'll happen.
    Also trying on expensive clothes, way to go! It must be wonderful feeling skinny.
    You've done so well! Good luck with your studies, too! xxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanious
    Great to hear your going great guns!
    Thanks for your kind words and your caring thoughts whilst I was feeling down.
    I hesitated to come back on but there is no group for support around and I feel there needs
    to be.
    I'd love to travel, one day maybe it'll happen.
    Also trying on expensive clothes, way to go! It must be wonderful feeling skinny.
    You've done so well! Good luck with your studies, too! xxx
    Thanks beautiful Jean xxxx
    You go girl! So glad your energy has come back. Thank you so much for sharing. It is very meaningful to those of us that are new. While the docs do provide great info I give equal importance to those of you on the site sharing your real life experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsh17
    You go girl! So glad your energy has come back. Thank you so much for sharing. It is very meaningful to those of us that are new. While the docs do provide great info I give equal importance to those of you on the site sharing your real life experiences.
    Thanks Marsh, I guess it's different for everyone but I like reading peoples experiences too :-)
    You are doing fabulously!! So proud of you!!! Beautiful and brainy and sassy to boot! Love ya darling!
    It's so inspiring for a newbie to read your posts. Keep up the good work, so happy for you!
    So excited that you're starting another new adventure; my daughter knocked her masters out in about 13 months (sociology/criminal science); my son did about 24 months on MS (physics), but 4 years on doctoral. As I told them, the time will pass whether you do this or not! So I know you'll do fabulously.

I am in a US 6 as well -- going seriously??? But now its getting a bit loose and I don't think a 4 is a good idea.... so tickled for you on your classroom activities. You are as we say in the South, "a red hot mess" (that's a good thing)