Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

TheRealJen

A Little Bit of Buyer's Remorse

Rate this Entry
I'm having slight twinge of Buyer's Remorse. I know that it will get better, but the gas from the laproscopic surgery is killing me right now. I'm 48+ hours out of surgery. My heating pad has been my best friend. Previous to VSG, I have had 4 cesarean sections, a lapro hysterectomy, and a lapro gallbladder removal. But I can't ever remember having this much trapped gas with either of my previous lapro surgeries, and I just had my gallbladder out 4 months ago. I'm really happy with my choice to have surgery but I'm ready for this gas to be reabsorbed and gone!

Submit "A Little Bit of Buyer's Remorse" to Digg Submit "A Little Bit of Buyer's Remorse" to del.icio.us Submit "A Little Bit of Buyer's Remorse" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Little Bit of Buyer's Remorse" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Keep getting up and taking little walks. That will help out with the gas. Just keep sipping and walking. It will get better. The first week is the worst and it is not fun but I promise it will get a little better and a little easier each day. I was doing laps up and down the hallway when I was in the hospital as I read about how important walking is to get the gas out. It does help a lot. Hang in there.
    As the say, “this too shall pass”........in more ways than one! LOL!
    the more you move the better, I remember waking up from surgery and saying "it hurts to move" and the nurse was like "the more you move the better off you'll be"
    So yes walk, walk and walk but also just turn and bend a little (nothing that will hurt) roll over in bed etc. ask if you can use gas-x, I think they have strips?

Each day will get better, if it doesn't, or gets worse, check in with the doc
    I was still in the hospital vomiting at 48hrs post op, so I really had no gas problems....there was nothing left lol.
    Updated 02-18-2018 at 09:48 PM by Aydensmomma (my horrible spelling and worthless spell check)
    Awww Jen , I had the crushing chest pain and shoulder tip pain with the gas and i know it's not nice. it will go soon though and i think that was the worst of the pain so you will be feeling better soon. Hang in there x
    Awe sweetie, it will get better I promise! But just so you know, it will probably get worse before it gets better. You may be a little angry when you can't eat much when you really want to. The good news is as you lose weight your mind catches up with your stomach. Before you know it, everything evens out. You'll be glad you're much thinner, you'll be able to eat enough to satisfy both your belly and your brain, and you'll glad you can't eat a bunch of food because you don't want to be heavy again. Hang in there and keep your chin up!