Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

WandaGettinFit4life

Interesting!

Rate this Entry
So I have HSA at my job and I looked into what that means and what the inclusions are and I found these things that may very well be of benefit. YAY! I am super excited and if I thought I would be healed and ready to travel for my cruise in May, I would totally try to have surgery in March!!!

Trips

You can include in medical expenses amounts you pay for transportation to another city if the trip is primarily for, and essential to, receiving medical services. You may be able to include up to $50 for each night for each person. You can include lodging for a person traveling with the person receiving the medical care. For example, if a parent is traveling with a sick child, up to $100 per night can be included as a medical expense for lodging. Meals aren't included. See Lodging , earlier.
You can't include in medical expenses a trip or vacation taken merely for a change in environment, improvement of morale, or general improvement of health, even if the trip is made on the advice of a doctor. However, see Medical Conferences , earlier.

Lodging

You can include in medical expenses the cost of meals and lodging at a hospital or similar institution if a principal reason for being there is to receive medical care. See Nursing Home , later.
You may be able to include in medical expenses the cost of lodging not provided in a hospital or similar institution. You can include the cost of such lodging while away from home if all of the following requirements are met.

• The lodging is primarily for and essential to medical care.
  • The medical care is provided by a doctor in a licensed hospital or in a medical care facility related to, or the equivalent of, a licensed hospital.
  • The lodging isn't lavish or extravagant under the circumstances.
  • There is no significant element of personal pleasure, recreation, or vacation in the travel away from home.

The amount you include in medical expenses for lodging can't be more than $50 for each night for each person. You can include lodging for a person traveling with the person receiving the medical care. For example, if a parent is traveling with a sick child, up to $100 per night can be included as a medical expense for lodging. Meals aren't included.
Don't include the cost of lodging while away from home for medical treatment if that treatment isn't received from a doctor in a licensed hospital or in a medical care facility related to, or the equivalent of, a licensed hospital or if that lodging isn't primarily for or essential to the medical care received.

Operations

You can include in medical expenses amounts you pay for legal operations that aren't for unnecessary cosmetic surgery. See Cosmetic Surgery under What Expenses Aren't Includible, later.

Weight-Loss Program

You can include in medical expenses amounts you pay to lose weight if it is a treatment for a specific disease diagnosed by a physician (such as obesity, hypertension, or heart disease). This includes fees you pay for membership in a weight reduction group as well as fees for attendance at periodic meetings. You can't include membership dues in a gym, health club, or spa as medical expenses, but you can include separate fees charged there for weight loss activities.

Submit "Interesting!" to Digg Submit "Interesting!" to del.icio.us Submit "Interesting!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Interesting!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This sounds useful info for people Wanda :-)
    Just make sure they cover these things for out of country surgeries. Best is always to contact your insurance to confirm.
    Do y'all think it's too early to go in n sit down with someone from HR and discuss plans?