Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KerryPG

What if...

Rate this Entry
I am trying to take deep breaths and calm my mind a bit. I have surgery two weeks from today and I am feeling nervous. Can I do it? What if I am not successful? I have read a few posts lately that cause me concern. I know there are ups and downs during this transition from unhealthy to healthy. I feel like I am waiting in line for the "big, scary ride" at Disneyland and I am finally at the front of the line with tickets in hand and all I have to do it hand over my ticket and get on the ride. Except, there is no turning back once I have the surgery. This ride is forever. What if I cannot conquer the "Head Hunger" demon? What if 3 years down the road I don't have the (I'm just going to say it... even it is seems vain...) body that I want. What if I don't lose enough weight to bring my cholesterol down and cure my sleep apnea? I look at pictures of myself from 5 years ago and I would LOVE to look like that again. What if I get lazy and don't make the daily commitment to exercise and eat for fuel? How do I stay motivated to make that daily commitment? What if I fail? I do enjoy exercise. I love the feeling after a good workout. I just can't let anything get in the way of the time for myself to work out. Maybe what I should be telling myself is not "what if..." maybe I should tell myself "failure is not an option".

What works for some of you when you feel yourself slip? How do you stay motivated? What do you to stay on track?

Submit "What if..." to Digg Submit "What if..." to del.icio.us Submit "What if..." to StumbleUpon Submit "What if..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

One day at a time, Babe. Trite, but true. Take every day as a fresh start and go into it with your best foot forward- it’s all you can do. It’s hard, but so worth it. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Thank you. I will. That's good advice.
    Hi.
    What if make the jump and day by day and step by step make the move towards a healthier lifestyle?
    What if you can hardly recognise yourself in 2 years because you went slowly and built up your exercise and learned to cook lots of varied and wonderful food?
    What if you have gained so much in confidence and your life is so much brighter in terms of personal and career goals etc?
    What if you stayed on this forum and learnt so many things and had so much support that eventually you were the person giving the support?
    What if like sweetpea said you just took it one day at a time?
    What if you just showed up for life and did your best you can every day, made some mistakes but just picked yourself up?
    What if you changed your life, how would your relationships change, your friendships?
    What if you decided you were totally worth it because you have just had enough?
    So many people don't take steps because they are afraid to fail. What if you fly?
    I think you are totally worth it :-)
    Also what kind of posts have scared you, we might be able to put your mind at ease :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Hi.
    What if make the jump and day by day and step by step make the move towards a healthier lifestyle?
    What if you can hardly recognise yourself in 2 years because you went slowly and built up your exercise and learned to cook lots of varied and wonderful food?
    What if you have gained so much in confidence and your life is so much brighter in terms of personal and career goals etc?
    What if you stayed on this forum and learnt so many things and had so much support that eventually you were the person giving the support?
    What if like sweetpea said you just took it one day at a time?
    What if you just showed up for life and did your best you can every day, made some mistakes but just picked yourself up?
    What if you changed your life, how would your relationships change, your friendships?
    What if you decided you were totally worth it because you have just had enough?
    So many people don't take steps because they are afraid to fail. What if you fly?
    I think you are totally worth it :-)

Thank you thank you thank you!!

I am in a puddle over your kind and uplifting words. You are SO right. Big hug! There have been a couple posts that I have read about people regaining weight and not losing "enough". Those have caused me concern. I am thankful to have a supportive husband that is not afraid to lovingly kick me in the rear end when I need it. He reaffirmed that I can lean on him through any rough patches and that he is right by my side. Additionally with this forum, I have felt tremendous support and kinship.

13 more days
    It's a ride, surgery is always with risks, but you have to weigh the risks. If you don't get sleeved, where will you be in 5 years?
    If you do get sleeved, your health will get better
    you won't be allowed to over eat, certain things will make you sick. the 1st month is hard but you will step on the scale 20lbs (for example) lighter and be motivated. you'll be buying new clothes for the summer because your old clothes will be too big. you will hit countless NSV's I was so excited when I was able to cross my legs. There are days when I wish I could eat more....but then I look in the mirror and remember why I did this. It feels so good to easily get on the ground and play will my son, to wear cute sundresses. I look forward to going to buy clothes and finding my size.
    I didn't have sleep apnea, but I did snore LOUDLY, and I don't snore anymore. It's just a whole new life, surgery is scary, but for me, my future without surgery was even scarier
    you got this!
    I had the exact same fears! What if.....what if....
    I had my surgery and I stopped thinking and started doing. I stuck to the rules, I was fully engaged in my process. I posted on here....and I did it. If you follow the rules...it happens and works.
    you can do this. You are worth it.
    Like others said....what if you DON'T. I would rather not think about what that looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydensmomma
    It's a ride, surgery is always with risks, but you have to weigh the risks. If you don't get sleeved, where will you be in 5 years?
    If you do get sleeved, your health will get better
    you won't be allowed to over eat, certain things will make you sick. the 1st month is hard but you will step on the scale 20lbs (for example) lighter and be motivated. you'll be buying new clothes for the summer because your old clothes will be too big. you will hit countless NSV's I was so excited when I was able to cross my legs. There are days when I wish I could eat more....but then I look in the mirror and remember why I did this. It feels so good to easily get on the ground and play will my son, to wear cute sundresses. I look forward to going to buy clothes and finding my size.
    I didn't have sleep apnea, but I did snore LOUDLY, and I don't snore anymore. It's just a whole new life, surgery is scary, but for me, my future without surgery was even scarier
    you got this!
    Thank you for your kind words and advice.
    I have seen my future in my relatives. Those relatives that are still living anyway... I have to remind myself of the health benefits. Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimaroo
    I had the exact same fears! What if.....what if....
    I had my surgery and I stopped thinking and started doing. I stuck to the rules, I was fully engaged in my process. I posted on here....and I did it. If you follow the rules...it happens and works.
    you can do this. You are worth it.
    Like others said....what if you DON'T. I would rather not think about what that looks like.
    Thank you for your supportive words. I appreciate your reply. Y'all are amazing and inspirational. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryPG
    Thank you thank you thank you!!

I am in a puddle over your kind and uplifting words. You are SO right. Big hug! There have been a couple posts that I have read about people regaining weight and not losing "enough". Those have caused me concern. I am thankful to have a supportive husband that is not afraid to lovingly kick me in the rear end when I need it. He reaffirmed that I can lean on him through any rough patches and that he is right by my side. Additionally with this forum, I have felt tremendous support and kinship.

13 more days
    The first 6 weeks are the hardest i think. Ask for support from your husband and us. Then you will be flying. See you on the other side. Take up your space in the world xxx
    If you only knew how scared I was to fail. In my head....I kept thinking I would be the one person that the surgery wouldn't work for. But it did. It worked like a charm. And I knew I was not going to just waste the gift I was given. And every day I keep myself accountable. I keep one pair of fat jeans to remind myself of how far I have come and where I do not want to go back to. I put me first. Yup. I said it and am unapologetic for doing it. I regularly look at my fat pics and my progress pics. And then the infamous wearing the fat jeans with my whole body in one leg. If that doesn't keep me motivated then nothing will. And yes...I weigh myself every day to make sure I keep the weight off. I will not allow myself to go up more than 5 lbs without springing into action.