Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

WandaGettinFit4life

Discouraged!

Rate this Entry
So, I was getting discouraged because y'all are doing great and making progress mean while my A1C is 10!!! and I'm gaining weight trying to eat like pre-op then just going overboard cause I'm soooo hungry!!! But I'm tripping cause I have not had surgery yet!! I'm jumping the gun. Everything else in my blood work was great except A1C.

The Agency called and I was rescheduled for 6/19 cause Dr. Hernandez does not due surgery on Mondays. The only reason I'm waiting until June is because I'm taking a cruise in May and I want plenty of recovery time. What y'all think Surgery in March will I be ready for a cruise in May?

I'm anxious and TIRED OF WAITING

Submit "Discouraged!" to Digg Submit "Discouraged!" to del.icio.us Submit "Discouraged!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Discouraged!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Ahhh it's a hard time waiting Wanda but the time will pass.It sucks though. I think you would be fine for the cruise and you will be a super cheap date as you won't be eating hardly anything!! Maybe you would do well to take some protein shakes with you.
    I don't know what A1C is???
    Maybe ditch the pre op diet for now and do it when the time comes. For now you could just try eating meat, fish, fruit, veg and wholegrains, enough to fill you up then do the preop diet when it's time. You'll probably lose weight anyway and not be half as miserable. The pre op diet is brutal! I didn't really care at the time because I was like it's only 2 weeks and I was excited for surgery but if I had done it for 2 months I would have been well fed up!!!
    Go bake yourself a red snapper Wanda... You'll get there, before you know it you will be posting to say you have had your surgery :-)
    I would have the surgery now. You should be fine by June, I was walking 5-7miles a day by week 2 and hiking 5 days a week by week 8 postop. I would wait to do preop diet until its time. Good luck with your surgery.
    I was cleared for all foods at 6 weeks, so I would say if your cruise is at least 6 weeks after surgery you will be fine. Just know you won't be getting your cruise food money's worth, as you won't be able to eat much at all. Just go knowing you are going to enjoy everything else like the pool, walking, and seeing the sites! Good luck!

Don't worry about the pre-op diet until they tell you to start. You don't need to "practice." After your surgery you won't be able to eat much and won't be hungry.
    Yup, you're doing now what we all did pre-op -- yo-yo dieting. You starve yourself, then you binge. Rinse and repeat. Gain weight. It's a guaranteed formula.

If I were in your shoes right now, I'd figure out how to eat in a way that you're not gaining weight and you no longer feel out of control. In fact, that's what I did for 2.5 months pre-op. I lost 5 pounds a month. Wasn't fast. But I got back a feeling of control that was worth more to me than anything at that point.

Best to you. Oh, and try not to treat that cruise like a Last Supper. You'll just have to lose that weight post-op. Control, remember?

Also, a lot of people pre-op imagine inaccurately that they will Never Be Able to Eat Regular Food Again. Not true. One year post-op (and two-three-four-five years post-op until you die) you'll be able to eat anything you want. But what will keep you successful long-term is learning how NOT to eat everything you want in mass quantities all the time.

It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle.
    I say go for the March surgery!! You won't eat much on the cruise but the sooner you get the surgery the sooner you will start on your journey to healthy!
    Thanks y'all I'm definitely trying to do better with eating choices and stay more consistent . And I don't know if I'm minimizing my bad eating but with diabetes it does not take that much to get off track! Stacey, A1C is a number that they used to determine if your blood glucose in in a normal range. I will focus on not gaining and increasing exercise. I will not treat the cruise like the Last Supper!