Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KerryPG

I believe in signs...

Rate this Entry
I am not a terribly religious person. I believe in a Higher Power. I believe you get back with you throw out into the Universe and I believe in signs.

My mom passed away on Valentine's Day 2009. She had a long bout with cancer. She passed peacefully and in her sleep which is what my family and I had hoped for when that time came. We wanted peace for her. She would have been 79 on February 26th, 2018. I believe it is a sign that my surgery date is on her birthday. I didn't pick the date of my surgery. It is what was first available. My mom knew that Valentine's Day is special to me, I don't know why but it always has been special to me. I believe it is a sign that she passed away on that day and choose to see it as her ultimate last act of love. She loved her family so much and she knew how hard it was on us to see her in pain. Of course I miss her every day and I have a good cry every Valentine's day and every February 26th. This year on February 26th will mark not only her birthday but the day I am stepping into my new self.

Yesterday I had my annual exam with a new doctor. Ladies, you know the annual exam I am talking about... It was a new doctor because we changed health insurance plans at the first of the year. As I sat in the exam room, on the table, in that lovely "gown" they give you to put on (open in the front...) and the paper "blanket" for my lower half, (cringe) I noticed all the pictures of new babies on the wall. SO many babies! I saw pictures with my new doctor holding new babies. He was noticeably different in weight in some pictures. I asked him about it and he told me he "got sleeved" in 2009. He lost 100lbs and has kept it off. I have not personally met anyone that has has this surgery. None that I know of anyway. We had a very nice chat (as I sat adjusting my paper blanket and holding my gown closed...) Again, I believe in signs. He put all my fears to rest, answered all my questions and I feel I can go forward without any apprehension. I believe it is a sign that out of all the doctors on my list, it was Dr. L that I chose. I have 1000% confidence in my bariatric physician but it was comforting to talk to another physician in person that has been through it.

19 days and counting!!

Submit "I believe in signs..." to Digg Submit "I believe in signs..." to del.icio.us Submit "I believe in signs..." to StumbleUpon Submit "I believe in signs..." to Google

Comments

What a great post! I think you are ready for this.

Pull up a chair. Sit down. Read. Ask questions. Read a lot more.

Welcome!
    Excellent! Welcome :-)
    What a powerful story! Had me crying this morning.You'll do great! It is meant to be!
    Wonderful! I believe in signs; I believe in confirmation from "the universe" how ever one defines it. As a mom, I would still want to be there for my girls (I have 3 girls) in every battle.

Thank you for sharing. You'll have the angels going with you, and the folks in this group certainly qualify as encouraging angels!
    This is a lovely post and I'm sure you're going to do great! You are ready and you'll have lots of inspiration from your mom although she's gone physically, she's watching over you. Continued success!!
    Love this! There's so much more going on than we see most days. Glad you had eyes to see and ears to hear these beautiful signs.
    Wow!! Such a wonderful story. I believe in signs too, so I get it! Looks like you received plenty! Happy for the journey that you are about to embark on!