Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Stacey03

12 week update

Rate this Entry
Gosh those weeks fly by fast don't they?
So 12 weeks and 17kg down if anyone is interested. To be honest the weight loss is not something I am obsessive about, I know it will go and I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist about it. I might lose them in the surf but that's another story :-)
I've just loved this journey and the only thing that was annoying about it was the 6 weeks of tiredness at the start. Pregnancy style tiredness, so I just took to my bed frequently and decided i needed a rest anyway :-)
Everything is now fairly normal except my menstrual cycle which is all over the place but hormones are not keen on this surgery it seems. Thankfully I have still been very cheerful so it doesn't seem to be bashing me emotionally. Hurrah!
Back at the gym and running and eating tiny portions of delicious food. Which reminds me to buy some scallops later.
Travelling can be a bit tricky with this surgery so some planning is good. I took some protein shakes and bars away with me which can help out in tricky situations.
I didn't really hit my protein goals while away for sure as I was a bit too fearful of eating meat or fish in Thailand. Generally I would but I just didn't want to risk it this time. I mean, I guess it was only a week of not quite having it together with protein. Cabbage and ginger tofu got me through and scrambled egg for breakfast. I think you just have to do the best you can. Maybe take more protein shakes? But that can be a pain.
At home though I have really had no problems. I think there have been times where I've felt not hungry and it is a pain to be getting all the protein and vitamins, but for health you have to slap that smile on your face and get on with it. The positive attitude does indeed take you far.
It's also lovely to be part of this forum and have so much support and advice from all the peeps here so I really appreciate that.
To anyone considering surgery I would say hang around on this forum and ask all your questions.
Onward for 2018. I think it is going to be a busy year :-)

Submit "12 week update" to Digg Submit "12 week update" to del.icio.us Submit "12 week update" to StumbleUpon Submit "12 week update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is awesome Gwen! Glad you had a great vacay. No biggie on the protein. Occasionally not hitting your goals is not going to kill you. I can say for a while I had a hard time hitting both fluid and protein goals consistently. But you keep trucking and before you know it you are knocking it out of the park!
    well done u !!
    Thanks lovelies, I've been guzzling protein today :-)))
    I put the protein drinks in my coffee or tea, as I fix both "Irish" with milk. It really helps keep that number up!

I thought I was brave to go to the beach with family & friends and make it through! Thailand? You're intrepid What a great journey, in both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    I put the protein drinks in my coffee or tea, as I fix both "Irish" with milk. It really helps keep that number up!

I thought I was brave to go to the beach with family & friends and make it through! Thailand? You're intrepid What a great journey, in both ways.
    Hmmm I don't think I have the type of protein you put in coffee Annie. I wasn't keen on coffee after surgery but now happily have half a cup in the morning so it could be an idea :-)
    Well done Edie! You've done a great job so far.
    12 weeks already!
    Glad you had a good time in Thailand. I would be worried about the fish too.
    Still, you made it through and still have that bright smiley face. Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Hmmm I don't think I have the type of protein you put in coffee Annie. I wasn't keen on coffee after surgery but now happily have half a cup in the morning so it could be an idea :-)
    Hey my Aussie friend, I found collagen powder (Go Vita sells it) great to boost protein, can add to hot or cold and is tasteless.... plus great for leaky gut, skin, bones, joints
    Aussie girl, I have a bunch of collegen powder I add to things but collegen powder is not a complete protein so you need actually protein powder too. Didn't realise this till christie told me. Also collegen not really evidence based but Im taking it for fun anyway LOL. Being the partner of a doctor can be fun for this kind of thing as she is very clear that ingesting collegen will make no difference at all to my skin. I'm like spoilsport... shes like science and evidence sweetie LOLLLL!